M6T and Meizu's failure to respond when actual support is really needed

2020-05-27 20:09

This topic, is made mostly to warn people, before they decide to buy any Meizu device, due to several issues that they will be called to deal with, without success.

Near to the end of 2019, i decided to purchase the M6T model. Until that moment, i was using a Sony  xperia st21 for about 8 years. I used to be one of those people, who support in general chinese products, with exception to my mobile phone,  but not anymore. Very soon i discovered various issues concerning M6T and the way it works in comparison to the average logic and my previous one, so i contacted Meizu to let them know what i found, and urge them to fix, since they ought to fix their own problems.

In detail, what i reported to them, is:

- Annoying notification upon every OS restart that it found an SD card, as if i didn't know i had inserted one, it has to bust my balls for it every 2-3 days that i power it on after recharging. NO option to disable it. In the end i forced myself to permanently remove the card and use it on PC.

- It does not save power configuration settings about how to behave when USB is plugged, reseting it to default after every OS restart.

- Blinkin notification bar when i install an app from play store.

- Play store opens in white screen 8/10 times and needs to be closed and re-open to load properly. Definitely related to OS and device behavior, as clearing cache-data or reinstall firmware did not fix it nor updating the store itself, or even to allow to work in barkground. Checked 3 more mobile phones from other manufacturers and none refused to open Play store even with filled cache or several background programs running.

- And the most annoying of all and important one, about Unicode support in my SMS texts, which is absent, resulting every SMS i send from small Greek to appear in capitals to the other device, no matter the brand, wasting my entire syntax this way, without any option in settings to change this behavior. Only english appear as intended.

I tried ofc to install 3rd party apps to see if that would change the situation, but in vain, since any SMS app i tested, no matter if it had option to convert the characters to Unicode, it would still end in capitals, thus verifying that this is Meizu's fault which needs to be corrected.

A humble Xperia, which had the 1/4 of hardware capabilities, behaved much better in various sections, compared to this trash device i decided to buy, damn the day i did. Xperia never gave me such troubles for real. Obviously far better essential software and OS... maybe because it was SONY (JAPANESE) ?!?!? Does it hurt Meizu? Yes? good!!! So does the money i wasted on your trash and the way you dealt with my reports as customer.

For all these issues, their support was an untrained newbie, who thought i'm new to the world of IT, trying to convince me that they're not aware of such issues (a classic case where the whole world knows but the company is in their dreamworld), then she required some pics or videos to show specifically what i mean (they need a doctor seriously) and last she tried to  guide me to update the device's firmware, while this would not fix any of the above, and yet, i did update it just to rub the results in her face. After 2-3 replies, she ended telling me:

"We are deeply sorry for the inconvenience caused.
Your kind suggestion will be taken into serious consideration and we will make some improvements in the future."

"...serious consideration..?" right...

Contacted with them during the first days of November of 2019, until mid December and they have released no update, proving to me their ignorance, anti-professionalism, and disrespect to me as customer, thus to the rest people who have reported similar issues  as well. Obviously meizu is another petty company, that use lies to cover their mistakes. I don't know how they count time there, but "future" for them, is maybe over a year or more.

SInce i saw they were doing nothing to correct the issues that i had reported to them, i sent them a last mail, in an obviously frustrated manner, since good manners didn't work, asking them whether they would do their work and release an update to fix their errors or leave it as is, and ignore us all. I never received any reply from them, verifying their cowardice to reply when they cause frustration, or recognizing their fault and ignorance.

To anyone reading this, do NOT buy any Meizu device, they will treat you like garbage. Instead prefer known companies, which might be a bit more expensive,  but at least you'll be sure they will fix their errors, since they dont risk their reputation  that much, like meizu did with such issues to "speak" of their work. For anyone values his/her money, think twice before you choose meizu again or for first time. They provide no support, other than camouflaged lies.