FAQS

2015-12-11 09:47

Show all posts
Flyme 5.0 FAQs

Smart Touch
How can I enable the Smart Touch?
Pull-down on the home screen to display the notification bar, and touch Smart Touch.

How do I set the Smart Touch functions?
Go to Settings > Accessibility. Touch SmartTouch. Touch the operation gesture and set the corresponding function.

Multi-task
How can I disable the backgroundprograms?
Flick up in the lower left corner or lower right corner on the homescreen to display the list of background apps. You can disable the apps in thefollowing ways:
1.  To disable a single app card, select the app and flick left or right.
2.  To disable all apps, touch Remove all on the top of the app card.

How can I use the pull-down notification bar and multi-taskmanager in full screen?
Go to Settings > Notification and status bar.Enable Full screen access. Then, you can use the pull-down notification bar and multi-task manager in full screen.

Status bar
Howcan I display the network speed on the status bar?
Go to Settings > Notification and status bar.Enable Real-time network speed.

What functions does the Flyme pull-down menu bar provided?
1.  Calling out the pull-down menu: You can callout the pull-down menu by flicking down in any position on the home screen.
2.  Functions of the pull-down menu: The pull-downmenu can display detailed notifications or directly enable or disable commonfunctions. after the pull-down menu is called out, it displays a line of commonfunction switches by default. If you flick down, more function switches are displayed; if you hold an icon, you can change the icon sequence.

How can I display the data usage onthe pull-down notification bar?
Go to Security > Data. Touch the setting button in the upper right corner and enable Display usage in notification bar.

Home screen and screen lock
How can I make screenshots?
Press the power button and volume button simultaneously to make a screenshot. You can view the screenshot in Gallery > Screenshots.

How can I select all content or select the content in acertain list?
On a listscreen, press and hold a certain list item. Select the item and enter the multi-selection mode. Press [O] at the right part of an unselected item to flick up or down, and select other items together when passing the [O] at the right part of other items. Touch ALLin the upper right corner to select the entire list. Then, ALL is changed to NONE.You can touch NONE to cancel allselection items. To exit the multi-selection mode, touch Cancel in the upper left corner.

How can I create a folder on the home screen?
Creating a folder requires at least two icons on the home screen. To create a folder, dragan icon to overlap another icon. Then, release the icon. A folder containing these two icons is created on the home screen.

How can I modify the name of the folder on the home screen?
Touch the folder and edit the name displayed above the folder.

How can I move a desktop icon quickly to a specific page?
You can usethe following methods:
1.  Pressand hold a blank area on the home screen or zooming out by bringing two fingers closer together. Touch Arrange icons.Press and hold an icon and drag it to the thumbnail on the lower part of thehome screen.
2.  Press and hold an icon and drag it to the specified home screen page number.

Why does a built-in icon disappear onthe home screen?
Go to Settings > Apps. On the All tabpage, touch Flyme Home Screen todisplay the details. Touch Clear datato reset the icons on the home screen.
Note: Thisoperation can clear the created folders on the home screen but does not clear the installed apps.

How can I set the screen password?
Go to Settings > Fingerprint and security > Screenpassword. After enabling Screenpassword, set the password.

How can I modify the screen password?
Go to Settings > Fingerprint and security > Screenpassword. Select Change password.Enter the original password and new password.

Gallery
Why can I access the pictures in the gallery after I encrypt the gallery?
The app encryption is only for the access interfaces instead of the content. For example, after you encrypt the gallery, you need to enter the password toaccess the gallery. However, the pictures in the gallery are not encrypted. If you need to encrypt the pictures, save the corresponding folders in Documents to Vault.

How can I hide an album?
In the gallery, press and hold an album. After selecting the album,touch Hide on the lower part.
Note: Only the local albums can be hidden. The cloud albums cannot be hidden.

How can I unhide an album?
Touch the menu button in the upper right corner on gallery screen. Touch Album management. Select the alums tobe displayed, and touch OK.

How can I change the album cover?
By default,the first picture in the album is used as the cover. To change the cover, touch an album and enter the details screen. Press and hold the bokeh part on the upper part of the cover, select the desired picture in the Select cover screen, and then touch OK.

How can I display pictures on themap?
Touch the menu button in the upper right corner on the picture screen.Select Display on map. Then, theshooting position information is displayed on the map.
Note: Whentaking a picture, you need to enable the recording of picture shooting positions in Location to successfully display the picture on the map.

Camera
How can I use the burst shooting function?
In the shooting screen, press and hold the shutter button to implement burst shooting. In the preview screen, touch the square button in the lower right corner to view the photos.

Why is the picture still blur after I alreadyfocus on the object?
Generally,this issue is caused by the jitter at the moment when you press the shutter button. In the camera settings, set the Photosize to Small or Medium, because in these modes, the shooting is completed once you press the shutter button. Therefore, if the camerais relative stable, the pictures will not be blur. However, if the Photo size is setto Large, the camera needs to process a large amount of data and does not complete shooting when you press the shutter button. An extremely-short imaging process is experienced.During this process, if the mobile phone is shaken, the picture is blur.Therefore, when you use the large photo size mode, you are suggested to use a tool to fix the mobile phone.

Why can't the camera automatically focus?
The camera starts recording after it is switched to the recording mode. In recording mode,the camera cannot automatically focus, and you need to touch the screen to focus manually.

Why does the camera focus slowly at night andwhy is the picture unclear?
Generally,restricted by the area of the light-sensitive components of the mobile phone,the focus speed of the camera becomes slow in a dark, night, or complex environment. Therefore, when you shoot a picture in the above environment, you are suggested to fix the camera, so that the pictures will be clearer.

Why can't the camera focus when I shoot apicture in a short distance?
The camera has a minimum focusing distance. The minimum focusing distance varies with the cameras. Generally, the minimum focusing distance is 8-10 cm (For MX5, the minimum focusing distance is 10 cm, and the micro-focusing distance is 8 cm).If the camera is placed too close, it cannot focus. You need to move the camera a little bit further away from the object to focus again.

Whatcan I do if the auto-focusing function is not accurate?
You can try the following methods:
1.  Shoota picture using the built-in camera and view the picture. Check whether thepicture is blue.
2.  Go to Settings> Apps. In All, select Camera todisplay the details. Touch Clear data.Close the background camera process and shoot a picture again.
3.  Shootpictures in different distances or in different light environments. You can also touch the screen to manually focus.
4.  Flick left on the camera screen to enter the Manual mode. Touch Focal length. Flickleft and right to test the sharpness of the auto-focusing function.
5.  Backup the important data and upgrade thesystem to the latest version and clear the user data. without installing any third-partyapp, use the camera and check the auto-focusing function.
If the issue persists, contact Meizu after-sales service center to detect whether the camera has a hardware problem.

How can I use the Bluetooth headset to shootphotos?
After themobile phone is connected to the Bluetooth device, set the Bluetooth buttons as the mobile phone buttons. Open the camera and press the volume+ or volume-button on the Bluetooth headset to take photos. If the Bluetooth buttons areset to adjust the headset volume, it cannot be used to control photo shooting.

How can I enable the flashlight of the camera?
In the shooting screen, touch the flashlight button on the left part of the top toolbar.

How can I use the front or rear camera?
In the shootingscreen, touch the double-headed arrow on the top tool bar to switch over thefront and rear cameras.

How can I use the recording function using the camera?
In the shooting screen, touch the mode switching button on the right part of theshutter, and select Video.

Why is the photo taken using the front camera reversed?
After the rear camera is switched to the front camera, touch the flipping function on theleft part of the top tool bar.

Why isn't the view finder screen the full screen?
When you use the front camera with the photo size set to medium or large or when youuse the rear camera with the photo size set to large or small, the top part of the viewfinder and the lower part of the screen are in black background. When you use the front camera with the photo size set to small or when you use therear camera with the photo size set to medium, the view finder is in fullscreen.

How can I enable the square viewfinder window?
In the shooting screen, double-touch the shooting window to switch to the square viewfinder window.

How can Izoom in or out the lens (far and near)?
In the shooting screen, bring two fingers closer together to slide them apart toadjust the distance of the shooting scene.

How can I calibrate the level function of the camera?
Go to Settings > Accessibility > Developeroptions > Calibrate gravitysensor and gyroscope.

How can I use the metering separation function?
On the shooting screen, touch the gear icon in the upper right corner and enable Manual metering. On the shooting screen, touch the viewfinder to focus. Move the metering spot and adjust the general brightness of the picture according to the light intensity on themetering spot.

How can I enable the HDR mode?
On the shooting screen, touch the gear icon in the upper right corner and enable HDR.

What is the HDR mode?
The HDR indicates the high dynamic range technology. Generally, the camera shoots three pictures with strong light, normal light, and weak light by means ofauto-adjustment. Then, the three pictures are combined as one picture. Simply speaking, it can improve the over-bright or over-dark part of an image in anenvironment with a huge light and shade variance. Therefore, it ensures that the brighter part is not over-exposed and the darker part is not unclear.

Video
How can I save the videos in thecache?
On the videoplaying screen, touch Cache in thelower part. Select the episode to be save in the cache, and touch Cache.

Where can I view the videos in thecache?
On the main video screen, touch My video > Cache. Then, you can view the videossaved or being saved in the cache.

How can I delete a video from the cache?
On the main video screen, touch My video > Cache. Press and hold a video to bedeleted and touch Delete. To deletea certain episode, touch the series and display the episode list. Press and hold an episode to be deleted and touch Delete.

Music
How can I set the timer for themusic?
On the musicplaying screen, touch the menu button in the upper right corner. Flick left onthe displayed screen to the second screen. Touch Timer. Slide the white dot using your finger to set the remaining time.

What is the random playing mechanism?
Inrandom playing mode, the next music is randomly played, but the previous musicis not because it has been played. This mode facilitates you to re-play the previous music while you can randomly play the next music.

How can I create a playlist?
On the main music screen, touch Local on the topnavigation bar. Touch Create playlist.

How can I use the song recognition function?
On the main music screen, touch the magnifier icon in the upper right corner. On the songsearching screen, select Recognize song andtouch Start.

WLAN
How can I enable the WLAN?
Go to Settings > WLAN. Enable WLAN.

How can I add a new WLAN?
Go to Settings > WLAN > Advanced settings> Add WLAN. Enter the name of the new WLAN. Select the security mode and WLAN password (if the security mode isset to open, you do not need to enter the password). Touch OK. Then, others can search and join your WLAN.

What is the disconnection on locked screen function?
When Disconnect on locked screen is enabled,the WLAN is automatically disconnected after the screen is locked to save thepower. When the screen is unlocked, the WLAN is automatically connected again.

How can I use the disconnection onlocked screen function?
Go to Settings > WLAN > Advanced settings.Enable Disconnect on locked screen.In this way, the WLAN is automatically disconnected after the screen is lockedto save the power.

How can I set the system to remind me of a searched open WLAN?
Go to Settings > WLAN > Advanced settings. Enable Network notification. In this way, the system reminds you of a searched open WLAN.

What is Share network via QR code?
This function enables the system to display the connected WLAN in QR. Other mobilephones can directly join your WLAN by scanning the network QR without verifying the WLAN password.

How can I share the WLAN that I havejoined using the QR?
Go to Settings > WLAN. Select a connected WLAN and display the details. Touch Share network via QR code. The QR of the connected WLAN is displayed. Other mobilephones can directly join this WLAN by scanning the network QR.

Bluetooth
How can I enable Bluetooth?
Go to Settings > Bluetooth. Enable Bluetooth.

How can I show my Bluetooth to others?
Go to Settings > Bluetooth. Enable Bluetooth. Touch Advanced settings, and enable Discoverable.

How can I change the name of the Bluetooth device?
Go to Settings > Bluetooth > Advanced settings. Modify the name of the Bluetooth device in Bluetooth name.

Where can I find the files receivedusing Bluetooth?
Go to Settings > Bluetooth > Advanced settings. Touch Received files in the lower part to view the files receivedusing Bluetooth.

How to unpair Bluetooth devices?
Go to Settings > Bluetooth. Touch the button on the right part of Paired devices. Touch Unpair.

Call and Signal
How can I use the web call function?
Touch the dialing icon. Touch the menu button in the upper right corneron the screen. Go to Settings > Web Call. Enable Web Call. Enter the number of your mobile phone and touch to obtainthe verification code. Enter the received verification code and then touch Activate. When bothyour Flyme account and the peer party's Flyme account are logged in, an online identifier is displayed at the right part of the contact list. Then, you canmake web call to the online contacts.

How can I use the speed dial function?
Touch the dialing icon. Touch the menu button in the upper right corneron the screen. Go to Settings > Speed dial. Touch any digit (digit 1 isfor the voice mailbox by default), the contacts screen is displayed. Touch acertain contact to set the speed dial. After the speed dial button is successfully bound, you can press and hold the button onthe keyboard to call the corresponding contact.

How can I mute an incoming call without rejecting it?
When anincoming call is received, press volume- to mute the ringtone without rejecting the incoming call.

What is call forwarding? How can Iforward a call?
Call forwarding enables you to forward an incoming call to another number when your mobile phone cannot answer the call or you are not convenientto answer the call.
Touch the dialing icon. Touch the menu button in the upper right corneron the screen. Go to Settings > Call forwarding. Set the scenarios for call forwarding and the target number.

What is call waiting? How can I usethe call waiting function?
Callwaiting enables you to keep a new calling party wait when you are engaged in acall. After the current call ends, the new incoming call can be connected.
Touch the dialing icon. Touch the menu button in the upper right corner on the screen. Go to Settings > Call waiting. Enable Call waiting.

How can I use the Record callsfunction?
Touch the dialing icon. Touch the menu button in the upper right corneron the screen. Go to Settings > Record calls. Enable Auto record calls. Set Contacts to be recorded.

How can I check the call recording or message recording?
Touch the dialing icon. Enter the call log screen. Touch a call log to display the details. In Call log, arecording flag on the right part of a call log indicates that call recording or message recording exists. If Incoming or Outgoing is displayed below a phone number, the recording is call recording. If Message is displayed below a phone number, the recording is message recording.

How can I add an incoming call numberto the blacklist?
Open Security. Touch Harassment blocking and display the details. Touch the settings button in the upper rightcorner and select Blacklist settings.In the lower part of the screen, touch Addto blacklist. Then, the incoming calls from this number will be blocked.

Contact
How can I create a contact?
Touch the dialing icon. Touch the menu button in the upper rightcorner. Touch Add contact. Fill inthe contact information and touch OK.

How can I modify the information ofan existing contact?
Touch the dialing icon. Touch the contact avatar on the Contacts screen to display the details.Touch the edit button in the upper right corner to modify the information.

How can I delete a contact?
On the contacts screen, press and hold a contact to be deleted. Select the contact and touch Delete.

How can I add a contact to a group?
Touch the dialing icon. Touch the menu button in the upper rightcorner. Select Group. On the groupscreen, touch the edit button in the upper right corner. Touch Create a group. Enter the group name,and touch OK.

How can I adjust the contact group sequence?
These quencing function is not available.

How can I rename a contact group?
Touch the dialing icon. Touch the menu button in the upper right corner. Select Group. On the group screen, touch the edit button in the upper right corner. Touch the contact group to be renamed. Enter the new group name, and touch OK.

How can I delete a contact group?
Touch the dialing icon. Touch the menu button in the upper rightcorner. Select Group. On the groupscreen, touch the edit button in the upper right corner. Touch [X] on the rightside of the group to delete it.

How can I import the contacts onanother mobile phone to my mobile phone?
Touch the dialing icon. Touch the menu button in the upper rightcorner. Go to Settings > Import from another phone. Pair twomobile phones using Bluetooth, and then import the contacts on the other mobilephone to your mobile phone.

How can I import the contacts on the SIM card to my mobile phone?
Touch the dialing icon. Touch the menu button in the upper rightcorner. Go to Settings > Contacts on SIM card. On the Contacts on SIM card screen, touch Export to phone. Select the contacts toexport.

How can I import the contacts on mymobile phone to the SIM card?
Touch the dialing icon. Touch the menu button in the upper rightcorner. Go to Settings > Contacts on SIM card. On the Contacts on SIM card screen, touch Add in the lower left corner. Selectthe contacts to add to the SIM card.

How can I export the contacts in mymobile phone?
Touch the dialing icon. Touch the menu button in the upper rightcorner. Go to Settings > Export contact. Select the contacts toexport. Touch Export to export the contacts to the email or local.

How can I delete contacts in batch?
On the contacts screen, press and hold a contact to enter the multi-selection mode.Select the contacts to be deleted and touch Delete in the lower part of the screen.

On the message screen, touch the menu button in the upper right corner.Go to Settings > Web Message. Enable Web Message. Enter the number of your mobile phone and touch to obtain the verification code. Enter the received verification code and then touch Activate.When both your Flyme account and the peer party's Flyme account are logged in,an online identifier is displayed at the right part of the contact list. Then,you can send web messages to the online contacts.

Why isn't a delivery report received after I sent a message?
You can enable the delivery report function as follows:
On the message screen, touch the menu button in the upper right corner.Go to Settings > Delivery report. Enable Delivery report.

How can I favorite a message?
Touch amessage to display the details. Press and hold the message. Select Favorite in the displayed menu.

How can I preview the message content in the status bar?
On the message screen, touch the menu button in the upper right corner.Go to Settings > Preview in status bar. Enable Preview in status bar.

Memos
How can I group the memos?
On the Memos screen, touch a memo to display the details. On the right part of the memo title, touch the pull-down arrow ofthe Memos group. Expand the grouplist. Touch a group to move the selected memo to this group.

How can I encrypt a memo?
On the Memos screen, touch a memo to displaythe details. On the right part of the memo title, touch the pull-down arrow ofthe Memos group. Expand the grouplist. Select the Encrypted group.After entering the Flyme account password, you can add the memo to the Encrypted group. The memos in this group can be accessed only after the password is entered.

How can I share memos?
On the Memos screen, touch a memo to displaythe details. Touch the share button in the upper right corner to share the memos in image or text format.

How can I view an encrypted memo?
On the Memos screen, touch the group menu button in the upper left corner. Select the Encrypted group. Enter the Flyme account password to view the memos in this group.

Can I add images or recording files to the memos?
When you edit a memo, touch the attachment button on the top. Select the images orrecording files to add to the memo.

Can I change the background color ofthe memo?
When youedit a memo, touch the [T] button on the top. Then, you can change the themeand color of the memo.

How can I create a memo?
On the Memos screen, touch the New button in the lower right corner to create a memo.

Calculator
How can I change the currency when I use the conversion function ofthe calculator?
On the top of the calculator screen, touch Conversion.Select the flag or currency on the left part, and then select the to-be-converted currency by searching or selecting based on the first letter.Then, you can view the exchange rate of the currency.

How can I set the calculator as a floating widget on the home screen?
On the main calculator screen, touch the double-headed arrow in the upper right corner.Then, the calculator window is floating on the home screen and can be moved toany position. If you touch the double-headed arrow again, you can resume thefull screen mode.

Browser
How can I view the bookmarks added to the browser?
Open abrowser. Flick right on the browser screen to switch the screen. Then, you canview the bookmarks in the Bookmark folder.

How can I create a tab page in thebrowser?
Open a browser.On the main browser screen, touch the digit button in the middle of the bottombar. Touch New in the lower rightcorner to create a tab page.

How can I close a tab page in thebrowser?
Open abrowser. On the main browser screen, touch the digit button in the middle of the bottom bar to display the card-type tab page. Flick left or right to closea single tab page, or touch Close allto close all tab pages at a time.

How can I view the history record of the browser?
Open a browser. On the main browser screen, flick right on the screen. Touch History record to view the browsing history.

Recorder
How can I create new recording?
On the recorder screen, touch the red button in the lower part to start recording. Onthe recording screen, touch Done to save the recording.

How can I rename a recording file?
Open the recorder. On the main screen, press and hold a recording file and select it.Touch Rename, and modify therecording file name.

How can I share recording?
Open the recorder. On the main screen, press and hold a recording fileand select it. Touch Share.

How can I delete recording?
Open the recorder. On the main screen, press and hold a recording fileand select it. Touch Delete.

How can I add a tag to the recordingfile?
When playing a recording file, touch the recording tag button to add the recording tag.After the tag is added, the time point of the tag is displayed below therecording file. Touch a tag to play the recording file from the time point specified in the tag.

How can I delete a recording tag?
When playing a recording file, press and hold an existing recording tag. You can select todelete one or all recording tags.

Calendar
How can I set the start date of each week in Calendar?
On the main Calendar screen, touch the menu button in the upper right corner. Touch Settings > First day of week. Then, you can set Sunday or Monday as the firstday of a week. By default, it is set to Monday.

How can I create an event in Calendar?
On the main Calendar screen, touch the [+] in the lower right corner to enter the new eventscreen. Enter the event name on the top part and enter other event information.Touch Save.
Note: A new event requires an event name. If no event name is entered, the Save button is unavailable.

How can I switch the Horoscope in Calendar?
On the main Calendar screen, touch Horoscope to display details. Touch the pull-down menu in the upper right corner to switch the Horoscope.

How can I set the event reminder time in Calendar?
On the main Calendar screen, touch the menu button in the upper right corner. Touch Settings > Reminder settings. Touch Default reminder time for full-day events.

How can I cancel the pop-ups of the events in Calendar?
On the main Calendar screen, touch the menu button in the upper right corner. Touch Settings > Reminder settings. Disable Pop-ups.

How can I subscribe to information in Calendar?
On the main Calendar screen, touch [] inthe upper right corner. Touch Subscribe to subscribe to the related information.

Where can I view the subscribed information?
On the main Calendar screen, touch [] inthe upper right corner. Touch Mysubscr iption.

Settings
How can I enable the guest mode?
Go to Settings > Fingerprint and security. Enable Screen password. The Guestmode option appears in the lower part of the screen. Enable Guest mode and set the password andpermissions for this mode.

How can my mobile phone automatically adjust the screen brightness?
Go to Settings > Display and brightness. Enable Auto brightness. Then,the screen can adjust the brightness according to the environment light.

How can I customize the ringtone?
Go to Settings > Sound and vibration. Touch Ringtones.Touch Local music to customize theringtone.
Note: The music files should be placed in Filemanagement > All files > Ringtones.

How can I enable or disable the location services for certain apps?
Go to Settings > Location services. Enable Location services andtouch Location permissions. Selectthe apps to allow the location services or ask to use the location services.

Why does my mobile phone prompt "No rights to callnon-emergency calls" in guest mode?
This is because the outgoing call and SMS permissions are not authorized when you set the guest mode. In master mode, go to Settings > Fingerprint and security > Guestmode (you need to unlock the screen). Select Allow out-going call and SMS. In this manner, the outgoing calls and SMSs are permitted.

How can I recover my mobile phone to factory settings?
Go to Settings > About the phone > Storage. Touch Factory data reset. Select the data items tobe cleared. Touch START RECOVERING.
Note:Formatting the storage card will clear all data in the mobile phone. You need to back up the data in advance.

What is the DND mode and how can I enable it?
Enabling "Do Not Disturb" can block incoming calls, turn off the sound, the vibration and the notification.
To enable the DND mode, go to Settings > DND mode. Select Enable manually or Enable on schedule.

What is an incoming call white list and how can I add contacts to this whitelist?
After you add a contact to the whitelist, you can successfully receivethe incoming calls from this contact, and the notifications, sound andvibration functions are available for this contact when the DND mode isenabled.
To add acontact to the whitelist, go to Settings> DND mode > Incoming call whitelist. Enable Incoming call whitelist and touch ADD CONTACT. Select the contacts to add to the whitelist.

How can I enable the breathing light notification for messages inDND mode?
Go to Settings > DND mode. Enable Breathing light notification.

How can I set the date and time?
Go to Settings > Language and time. Enable Autosetting. Alternatively, disable Autosetting and manually set the date and time.

How can I adjust the language?
Go to Settings > Language and time > Language.Select the desired language.

How can I set the ringtone, media,and notification volume?
Flyme 5.0 supports separate volume settings for the ringtone, media, and notifications.Go to Settings > Sound and vibration > Volume. Then, set the volume for the corresponding item.

How can I switch the mobile network standards (2G/3G/4G)?
Go to Settings > Dual-card and network. Touch Network standard, and select the preferred network from the pull-down list.

How can I set the power-on or power-off timer?
Go to Settings > Accessibility > Power-on/offtimer. Enable Power-on timer or Power-off timer, and set the corresponding time.

How can I use the pull-down notification bar and multi-task manager when an app is running on full screen?
Go to Settings > Notification and status bar. Enable Fullscreen access. Then, you can use the pull-down notification bar andmulti-task manager in full screen.

How can I view the IMEI and SN of mymobile phone?
Go to Settings > About the phone. In Details,you can view the IMEI and SN.

How can I learn the power consumption information?
Go to Settings > Battery management. Select Power consumption ranking. Then, you can learn the power consumption of softwareand hardware.

How can I enable the USB debugging switch?
Go to Settings > Accessibility > Developeroptions. Enable USB debug.

Clock
How can I create an alarm clock?
Open the Clock app. On the main screen, touch the [+] in the lower part. Set the alarmclock parameters and touch Save.

How can I delete an existing alarmclock?
Open the Clock app. On the main screen of the alarm clock, press and hold an alarm clockto be deleted. Touch Delete.

How can I add a time zone?
Open the Clock app. On the main screen of the time zone, touch the [+] in the lowerpart. Select the time zone to be added.

How can I delete a time zone?
Open the Clock app. On the main screen of the time zone, press and holda time zone to be deleted. Touch Delete.

File management
How can I view the file list in the storage card?
On the main screen of File management, touch All files to view all folders and filelist in the storage card.

How can I quickly locate a certainfile or folder?
On the mainscreen of File management, touch the magnifier icon in the upper right corner to enter the searching screen. Enter the file name or keywords to locate the file or folder.

How can I sort the files in filemanagement?
On the main screen of File management, touch acategory to display the file list. Touch the sorting button in the upper rightcorner and select the sorting mode.

Fingerprint Unlocking
How can I enable the fingerprint unlocking function?
Go to Settings > Fingerprint and security. Enable Use fingerprint tounlock screen and record thefingerprint.

How can I delete a recorded fingerprint?
Go to Settings > Fingerprint and security. Touch Fingerprint management. Touch the "·" on the right partof the corresponding recorded fingerprint to delete it.

Location Services
How can I enable the location services?
Go to Settings > Location services. Enable Location services. Set the apps for which the location services is enabled.

Drawing Board
How can I change the brush?
On the main drawing board screen, touch the [+] in the lower right corner to create a new drawing. Touch the brush icon in the lower left corner to change the brush.

Can I add a picture to the drawing board?
Yes. On the drawing screen, touch the image button in the upper right corner to select apicture from the gallery and add it to the drawing.

Can I change the background color of the drawing screen?
Yes. On the drawing screen, touch the third icon on the bottom part to select the background color.

What functions does the drawing boardprovide?
The drawing screen is divided into three areas: menu bar on the top, drawing panel in the middle, and tool bar on the bottom.

How can I change the brush color?
On the drawing screen, touch the second icon on the left part of the bottom tool bar to display the color panel. Flick left and right to select the preset colors or customize the color.

How can I use the eraser of the drawing board?
On the drawing screen, touch the icon on the rightmost part of the bottom tool bar to switch the brush to eraser.

How can I save a drawing?
Touch the [] inthe upper right corner on the drawing screen.

Security
Where can I check the blocked callsor SMSs?
Go to Security > Harassment blocking. Then, you can check the blocked calls or SMSs.

What is the difference between Accelerator andPurify?
The Accelerator can accelerate the memory and release memory usage.
The Purifycan recognize the storage space and release space on the storage card.

How can I set the Security to stopbackground apps?
On the mainscreen of Security, touch Power-saving mode > App management.Disable the apps that are not required in standby mode. In this way, the appsare automatically shut down in three minutes after the system enters the standby mode.

How can I set the Security to periodically perform cleaning?
On the mainscreen of Security, touch Cleaner.Touch the settings button in the upper right corner to enter the settings screen. Enable Auto clean and notify. Set the cleaning mode. Then, the system can scan and clean the trash according to the scheduled time.

How can I delete the whitelist fromthe cleaner?
On the mainscreen of Security, touch Cleaner.Touch the settings button in the upper right corner and select Cleaning whitelist. Remove the whitelist to be deleted.

How can I use the accelerator function of the Security?
On the mainscreen of Security, touch Accelerator.Select the items to be cleaned, and touch BoostNow. The memory occupied by the corresponding items is released to accelerate the system running speed.

How can I clean the files that arenot frequently used?
The Purify function provided by Flyme 5 allows you to scan and deletethe files that are not frequently used according to actual situations.
On the mainscreen of Security, touch Purify.After the scanning is completed, select the data to be deleted and touch Clean Now.

How can I add the app to be whitelist in order not to clean the app?
On the mainscreen of Security, touch Cleaner.Touch a certain cleaning item to display the details. In the app list to be cleaned, expand the triangle icon on the left and touch Add to whitelist. In this way, the app is added to the whitelist and will not be deleted during cleaning.

Toolbox
Does the Flyme 5.0 provide the compass function?
In the system tools folder, touch Toolbox.Then, you can use the compass.

Can I set a shortcut icon of a toolin the toolbox on the home screen?
On the mainscreen of the toolbox, touch the settings button in the upper right corner.Enable the tool for which a shortcut icon is required on the home screen.

Mail
How can I add a mailbox?
Open the Mail app. Select the mailbox type (QQ, Exchange, Outlook, 163, and 126). Enter the email address and password. Adopt the recommended protocol. Touch OK.
Note: Different default protocols are recommended for different mailboxtypes. Ensure that the default protocol is enabled for the corresponding mailbox type. If you manually select another protocol, theprotocol may not be the default protocol type for the selected mailbox,resulting in mailbox adding failure.

Why does the system prompt the user name or password error or incorrect protocol setting when I add a mailbox?
You can address the above issues as follows:
1.  Check whether the account name and passwordare correct. The account name and password are case-sensitive.
2.  Ensure that the selected protocol is there commended protocol or the protocol enabled for the current mailbox type.

Download
How can I create a download task?
In the system tools folder, open the Download app. Touch the [+] in the upper rightcorner. Input or paste the copied download link and touch OK to download.

How can I modify the path for saving the downloaded files?
In the system tools folder, open the Download app. Touch the menu button in the upperright corner. Touch Settings > Download directory. Select the filetype (music or image) for which the save directory needs to be modified. The system automatically enters the storage card directory. Select the folder andtouch Save here. Then, the files in the specified file type are saved in the latest path.

How many download tasks can be implemented simultaneously?
A maximum offive download tasks can be implemented simultaneously. In the system toolsfolder, open the Download app. Touch the menu button in the upper right corner.Touch Settings > Maximal simultaneous downloads. Then, you can set the maximum number of download tasks.A maximum of five or a minimum of one download task can be implemented simultaneously.

How can I set the system to automatically clearthe downloading history?
The downloading history is permanently saved by default. In the system toolsfolder, open the Download app. Touch the menu button in the upper right corner.Touch Settings > Clear downloading history. Then, you can set the period forclearing the downloading history.

System Upgrade
How can the system automatically download thepushed OTA upgrade packet?
In the system tools folder, open the System upgrade app. Touch the gear button in theupper right corner and enable Auto download upgrade. When the mobile phone is connected to a WLAN andthe battery capacity is higher than 20%, the system automatically downloads theOTA upgrade package. By default, this function is enabled.