Meizu M6 Note review - great phone with nice specs!

2017-11-13 00:02

Show all posts
Edited by Tymcio at 2017-11-12 17:05

It's been a while since I've did review of any Meizu device. Finally I've been able to put my hands on the new phone. Here are my thoughts about Meizu M6 Note - first device with Qualcomm Snapdragon SoC inside...
meizu m6 note (8).JPG     

What's inside the Box?

The test device I've been given from new Polish Meizu distributor. It was the only sample they currently have from Meizu, so it didn't have the box - only the phone. However I've did some research and found out, that Meizu M6 Note will have similar box as previous models (M5 Note, M3 Note...)
meizu m6 note android headlines.jpg
Inside you will be able to find the phone itself with charger, Micro USB cable, short manual and key to open SIM Cards Tray. That's all - nothing more, nothing less.

Build quality and design

For the build quality I must say, that Meizu did a really good work. The phone doesn't look like mid range phone - it has solid, metal body which is more like Premium device.
meizu m6 note (1).JPG meizu m6 note (2).JPG meizu m6 note (3).JPG
Front panel contains 5.5" IPS screen with FullHD resolution. It's brightness is good - clear view during sunny day, and not too bright during night time. Above the screen there is selfie camera, light sensor, speaker and white notification LED. Below the screen there is mHome button with really fast fingerprint scanner.

On the edges there are standard things - MicroUSB, microphone, jack 3.5 mm and a speaker. Side edges have power and volume buttons, as well as SIM Card tray.
meizu m6 note (4).JPG meizu m6 note (7).JPG
Back of the Meizu M6 Note is made of the best quality metal. On the top of the device's back we have dual cameras (one under another). Above them there are 4 dual tone LED's that are nicely built in the antenna line. I like this design a lot...

Meizu M6 Note specification

• Size and weight: 154.6 x 75.2 x 8.4 mm, 173 g
  • Display: IPS, 5.5", FullHD (403 PPI)
  • SoC: Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 (8x Cortex-A53 2.0 GHz) with Adreno 506 GPU
  • RAM: 3 / 4 GB LPDDR3
  • Internal memory: 16 / 32 / 64 GB (expandable up to128 GB)
  • Main camera: IMX362 / Samsung 2L712 Mpix, f/1.9 and secondary 5 Mpix, f/2.0,  4 dual tone LEDs
  • Front camera: 16 Mpix, f/2.0
  • Battery: Li-Ion 4000 mAh with mCharge (18W)
  • Connectivity: 4G LTE (including B20), Bluetooth 4.2, BLE, WiFi 802.11a/b/g/n Dual Band, GPS, GLONASS, A-GPS
  • System: Flyme OS 6, Androida 7.1.2 Nougat based

Daily usage of Meizu M6 Note
Because not too much Meizu devices to test past last few months I wanted to use Meizu M6 Note for a longer time. I've been testing it for about 2 weeks and it works really nice! This is the first Meizu device with Qualcomm SoC (usually Meizu uses Mediatek SoC and sometimes Samsung).

If we are speaking about common phone usage (calling, texting, web browsking, communicator) I can't complain. Phone works smoothly (as 3 GB RAM), apps are opening fast and I didn't notice any lags. But if we move to more intense usage M6 Note looks a bit worse - this isn't phone for games that need fast response. I have no idea why, but even during playing a game like Clash Royale the phone was lagging a bit.

Battery is an advantage of Meizu M6 Note. 4000 mAh battery is more than enough for normal phone usage. In the evening we still have much energy left. However if we are using our phone all the time (farming), this battery can fits perfectly for a day. The average SoT time is about 6 hours, but I believe there are people that can have much more of it. Unfortunately because I didn't receive mCharge charger I can't say how fast the phone charges...

I didn't have any problems with connectivity as well. GPS was really percise and navigation worked good. 4G network was present all the time (the same as on other phones). I didn't noticed any issues about WiFi as well as Bluetooth and connecting phone to a car radio.

And for people who likes digits below you will have benchmark results:

meizu m6 note benchmark (3).jpg meizu m6 note benchmark (2).jpg meizu m6 note benchmark (1).jpg

Meizu M6 Note camera
Camera is th most interesting thing in this phone. What is more it's the best camera as I've ever seen in a mid range device (really).
meizu m6 note (5).JPG meizu m6 note (9).JPG meizu m6 note (10).JPG

We have dual camera there - 12 MP, f/1.9 + 5MP, f/2.0. The second one is used to make bokeh images (with blurred background). We have there also 4 dual tone LEDs, that are giving really nice light when we have low light scenery. In front of the device we have 16 MP camera, f/2.0 that works good and selfies are make nice. I am also surprised about night pictures - noises are visible, but they aren't as big as I was expecting. But... you can check this on your own:

meizu m6 note foto (7).jpg meizu m6 note foto (15).jpg meizu m6 note foto (9).jpg meizu m6 note foto (12).jpg meizu m6 note foto (13).jpg meizu m6 note foto (6).jpg meizu m6 note foto (4).jpg meizu m6 note foto (3).jpg meizu m6 note foto (2).jpg meizu m6 note foto (1).jpg

Hope you like the review If you do just add this to favorites and maybe next review will be about Meizu Pro 7! ;)