Install G rom on Chinese pro5 with A rom

2016-03-25 06:50

Edited by Ramtin at 2016-03-25 04:25

First I should telling you the differencess between A and G roms. A roms (Chinese rom) does not have international languadges like G roms (Global rom) and only has chinese and English. Secound differencess is that with G roms you have google play store but, A roms does not have it pre installed and you should manually add it by downloading google installer from meizu market which as it's not install it as a system app you may face some problem with google products. Other differencess are in preinstalled apps which A roms have more apps (Most of them are chinese and not usefull out of china)

Okay now that you undrestand the differencess of both roms if you want to install G roms on your phone follow my totorial:

1. Enable root
  • Enable root by tapping on Settings-> Accounts-> My Flyme-> Personal settings (first option) -> System privileges and set it to open - accept disclaimer and confirm.

2. Download and successfully install Busybox (from Google Play)

3. Download and install a Terminal Emulator (from Google Play)

4. Download the correct and desired international (i) ROM/firmware (update.zip) for your device

5. Download and use the update.zip (firmware) converter that creates the required system-i.img
  • Click here to download converter first
  • Copy system.new.dat and system.transfer.list (from the update.zip) to the folder “in” (see converter folder)
  • Then start the converting process by starting System-conVERTER.cmd and pressing option 1 [enter]
  • If successfully converted you can find the system-i.img in the ‘‘out’’ folder.

6. Copy the converted system-img from ‘‘out’’ to the internal memory of your Meizu device

7. Go to Settings-> Display-> Sleep and set it to at least 10 minutes

8. Start the Terminal Emulator and run (type) the super user command
su
  • A permission popup will come; give permission by tapping allow (always allow).

9. Now run (type) the command for installing the system-img.
dd if=/storage/emulated/0/system.img of=/dev/block/platform/15570000.ufs/by-name/system
10. The installation should start after the ‘‘dd if’’ command, but please note…
  • …it may seem that the copying/process did NOT start because you didn’t notice it, but it DID start.
  • do NOT type a new command or whatsoever, just…
  • …be patient and give your device 5-10 minutes to process.

11. When the process is done you’ll see a # at the very end of all commands
  • Your device may be unresponsive by now - this is normal

12. Now just shutdown your phone (hold power button) and reboot it
13. Once successfully booted your device should be running an G rom
Once in Flyme again it is wise - but not necessary - to completely reset your phone. Go to settings->about phone->memory->factory data reset-> check both boxes and click start cleaning (this could take 5-10minutes). Always backup your stuff if necessary because, with factory reset all your smses, call logs, contacts and any other data of your defult apps + all apps you installed manually will be gone. For backup apps and data of apps you can use Titanum Backup app from HERE (it need a rooted phone plus install Super SU from here and giving it root permissions first)
I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because, the alarm app failed! before you do anything from this tutorial, YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you!

Thanks and Credits:
meizufans forum
4pda.ru