MX4 PRO Global (questions about updates)

2016-03-10 05:51

Hi, im new one here, and i want to clear couple questions (yes, i used search and i didn't find answers and no, English is not my native language and sorry for grammar mistakes i could make).

For last 6 years my daily driver phone was iPhone, but when i bought iPhone 6 i started to look into android devices again, because system is closed and you need to make far more steps to customize it. I work with UI, so having couple phones is fine for me.
When i heard sound from MX4 PRO i was stunned, because nothing what i could download on iPhone or plug into it, couldn't give me that sweet sound like this phone. I live in Ukraine, and buying phone here is a bid tricky, you need to pay far more or wait more then a month.

I bought MX4 pro, because i can buy it in every big retail shop here, and my questions are:

1) How long update support will be? Previous android phone was nexus 4 and i had updates till 5.1.1, android 6 were made by Cyanogen MOD.
Mine old iPhone 4s still getting the updates, yes it is slover but its getting them. And old 5s looks like will live next couple years with full support.

2) How long does it take to have an Global update, because MX 4 Pro global still on 4.5 and no OTA beta for Global have been spotted by me.

For me this is huge question, because I'm thinking to switch from apple to meizu, i like it and community more enthusiastic.
If Meizu not like other manufacturers who make new and new phones, but after one or two updates forget about device, i will buy new MX 5 PRO for me and give this MX4 PRO to someone from family.

Tnx.