baymax2000
Beta Team-Global

Gold:923

Sign In:79

100KForumMembersM2Honour Online Value ContributePhoto GeniusBeta TeamGlobal FansAvatar uploadedEarphoneInstagramPandacontest loverflyme 5hotstarM3 notemeizu 13th anniversaryyearly_beta_testerFacebookTwitterMX510KForumPosts70KForumMembers

2016-03-09 22:23

Android version do not matters at All for me as instead of new one I would always like to have stable one
Reply Support () Report
viki4vikram
Jelly Bean

Gold:2105

Sign In:363

best_content1st_anniversary100KForumMembersM2Honour Online Value ContributeBeta TeamGlobal FansAvatar uploadedEarphoneInstagramPandacontent creatorcontest loverflyme 5hotstarM3 notemeizu 13th anniversary50KForumMembers70KForumMembersyearly_beta_testerModeratorFacebookTwitter10KForumPostsforum_app

2016-03-10 02:01

Features matters not the version of base. If flyme 5 or 6 in future provides the required features, users will be more satisfied to use it . So there is a need for evolved Flyme + security update patches of later android versions.

FYI : MIUI 7 in most of the devices are still on kitkat with the latest updates.
Reply Support () Report
Onohara
Honeycomb

Gold:278

Sign In:133

100KForumMembersflyme 5

2016-03-10 07:59

Because some manufacturers are stuck on kitkat for their roms does not justify the lack of marshmallow for 2015 devices, especially flagships and unfortunately judging from the face to face with the sys dev manager it seems highly unlikely we'll be getting it

Pony: I think for previous models, the main task for Flyme is to keep the firmware as stable and smooth as possible. Android 6 has not much modifications or highlights in functions. Some functions sucn as permission control, fingerprint, fast charge, etc are actually already acheived on Flyme 5. If we cannot upgrade to Android 6, we'll do our best to add more features to Flyme to compensate that.

Now if that was the norm for flagships released in 2015 no one would mind but most are already getting marshmallow or have had it for a while. Now add on top of this the fact that Android N first developers preview has been released today, and try to justify being 1 version behind (which had quite some improvements over lollipop, and soon to be 2 with N) for a flagship, not cheap high end phones but full fledged flagship?

You can't right? Well neither do I.
Reply Support () Report
sleemm
Read Only

Threads

Credits

Gold:3

Sign In:0

2016-03-20 03:01

Note: The author has been banned or deleted.
Reply Support () Report
B1OHazarD
Ice Cream
PRO5 [RR 5.8.3 Android 7.1.2]

Gold:2816

Sign In:539

100KForumMembers

2016-03-20 15:43

Hope that Meizu will do a great leap moving str8t to the Android "N" version. Its rumored, that Google is giong to DO AT LAST one great step for the goodness. They're going to split android in two layers - OS and available for modifications and addons UI level. This should help to manufacturers to drammatically cut time for making new updates, tweaks and bug fixes on UI while Google would able to spread latest bugfixes and options straight to the devices without months of implementations by manufacturers, plus this should help to reduce Android platform fragmentation and give second chance to some older devices. For example, Im as iPhone 4S user got 4(!) major version updates for my phone while Android phones during product liftime rarely updates twice. That's crazy. Hope for at least Android 6.0 coming at 5-th generation of MX and PRO as soon as MX 6 and PRO 6 were presented.
Reply Support () Report
B1OHazarD
Ice Cream
PRO5 [RR 5.8.3 Android 7.1.2]

Gold:2816

Sign In:539

100KForumMembers

2016-03-20 15:56

James_Kho replied at 2016-02-16 10:57
certainly it will be available for the next meizu device that comes out

It better be also available for the previous ones too. We certainly know that it MUST be on PRO 6 and MX 5, considering that ALL new flagmans of will have 6.0 in stock. Its a MUST, for 2016. Sad but true, that most of companies quickly starting to "forget" about the base of their users, using older devices and cherish only a bunch of "newlyweds" with latest devices. Hope that company will do right choice. Lots of MUCH cheaper than my PRO 5 devices already have 6.0 and I can't object that Flyme 5 is a great piece of work, but its time to go further already.

Comment

James_Kho: i agree that it time to reconstruct and to consider the previous products concerning the user base and applying to their needs
2016-03-21 09:48
Reply Support (1) Report
Tymcio
Meizu Pro 6 Plus

Gold:4341

Sign In:579

best_content1st_anniversary100KForumMembersHonour Online Value ContributePhoto GeniusBeta TeamGlobal FansSuper ModeratorAvatar uploadedEarphoneInstagramPandacontent creatorcontest loverflyme 5hotstarmeizu 13th anniversarypro 650KForumMembers70KForumMembersDebate Masteryearly_beta_testerModeratorExcellent ModeratorFacebookTwitterPro 510KForumPostsforum_app

2016-03-21 06:00

Here is a few words about upcoming Flyme OS based on Android 6.0: http://forum.flymeos.com/thread-2267-1-1.html

And I have question, why do you want Marshmallow? You won't even notice difference, because Flyme OS 5 has most of the Android 6.0 functions already implemented.

Comment

BoonC: Some app requirement it's Android 6.0. I know Flyme OS 5 has most of Android 6.0 function but It's can't install Android 6 required apps.
2016-05-13 08:44
Reply Support () Report
James_Kho
KitKat

Gold:2018

Sign In:222

best_content1st_anniversary100KForumMembersFacebookPhoto GeniusGlobal FansAvatar uploadedInstagramPandahotstar10KForumPosts70KForumMembersforum_app

2016-03-21 09:48

i agree that it time to reconstruct and to consider the previous products concerning the user base and applying to their needs
Reply Support (1) Report
Evgeny2rl1
Eclair

Gold:13

Sign In:5

100KForumMembersEarphoneM2MX5Panda50KForumMembers70KForumMembers10KForumPostsforum_app

2016-03-29 00:37

Tymcio replied at 2016-03-21 03:30
Here is a few words about upcoming Flyme OS based on Android 6.0: http://forum.flymeos.com/thread-22 ...

<..Specified thread does not exist or is under moderation..>
Reply Support () Report
Tymcio
Meizu Pro 6 Plus

Gold:4341

Sign In:579

best_content1st_anniversary100KForumMembersHonour Online Value ContributePhoto GeniusBeta TeamGlobal FansSuper ModeratorAvatar uploadedEarphoneInstagramPandacontent creatorcontest loverflyme 5hotstarmeizu 13th anniversarypro 650KForumMembers70KForumMembersDebate Masteryearly_beta_testerModeratorExcellent ModeratorFacebookTwitterPro 510KForumPostsforum_app

2016-03-29 16:24

Yes I know. Wait a bit, we are working on restoring it.
Reply Support () Report
You have to login before you can reply Login | Register

©2024 Meizu Telecom Equipment Co., Ltd. All rights reserved.