[Review] First Impression Of Flyme 6 MUSIC App.

2016-12-29 01:32

Edited by Raunak at 2016-12-28 23:06

Hi Guys...Here Is my first impression of the Flyme 6 Music app , I'm using it on my M2 without any major issues and it's working fine. So let's get started....

1) Icon - App's icon looks pretty good , it's Little funky but matches very well with all other new designed Flyme 6 icons.

2) Homescreen - As soon as you click the icon you will be greeted with the new homepage of the app which now looks more cleaner than previous version , It has 2 tabs-Homepage and local (I have the Chinese version of app , global version app will have only local tab).
You can buy songs from homepage but all songs are in Chinese language.
Local Tab consists Flyme Account, Songs, Recent and Downloads.

3) Settings and Search - In settings you can play with Sound and Download Quality (only in Chinese version) , Equalizer and some other minor tweaks.
You can search local as well as online music with the search bar.

4) Song List - When you open local music, there are 4 tabs - Songs, Artists, Album and Folder. Nothing changed here, All is same as Flyme 5 music app. Fast scrolling is available as usual.

5) Now Playing Screen - Here's where most changes are made. There is a background of album cover which changes colour according to album art of song. Only play/pause, previous/next icons change color instead of whole circle, circle always remains white.

Lyrics are shown just below the Album art.
you can swipe right to see full Lyrics and swipe left to see the Playlist.

You can access options from the 3dot menu where you can edit the song or set as ringtone or add timer etc.

You can even add the lyrics in song and change or find the missing album art of your songs.(Only in Chinese version)

 .  .

6) Notification and Widget - Notification in notification bar is different from previous version and now has a transparent card type background and a cross icon to dismiss the notification. Status bar shows wrong icon however, pause icon when music is playing and vice versa.
Music Widget is same as Flyme 5 app, is resizable and shows lyrics on expansion.

So Guys tell me what you all think about the new music app, is it better than before, and how was my review of it. Feel free to ask any question regarding this in comments.

You can download the new Music app from HERE.

see ya all.