[Republic day] Lets Celebrate with India!

2016-01-26 13:22

Dear all fans,

Today is Republic day in India! let‘s celebrate with them!

Here we select some good contents from our indian users and share with you the indian view!

1. Content from viki4vikram

Glimpses of Incredible India

Let me take our panda to a tour of some good places in India ..
Others start from north to south.So lets start from south to north
Here we go to Start from the Mysore to Manali

All these pictures are my personal clicks , if required I have all the originals..

1. Meizu panda @ Mysore palace

2. Ramoji film city - This has the largest studio sets in the world.

Lets look inside studio

Moving towards Gujarath . Diu daman

Now heading towards Delhi , Agra .

Now the Ultimate TajMahal

At last Rothang, Manali .

---END---

Photos below this line were not intended to be here.. But they were not removable.
Please ignore them

2. Content from NasirSyed

"When great trees fall in forests,
small things recoil into silence,
their senses eroded beyond fear."

- Maya Angelou

Hatiyan tree (Elephant Tree)

The mighty Baobab within the Naya Qila adjunct of Golconda Fort has been witness to times good and bad over the past five centuries. Said to have been imported into the Qutub Shahi kingdom by African mercenaries who served in the Abyssinian Royal Guard, quite a few specimens of this unique species are found within city limits. The one within the Naya Qila however, evolved into an icon of Hyderabad due to its distinctive shape, size and location. According to local legends, at one point of time in the distant past, the Hatyan ka Jhad (Elephant Tree) is said to have served as the hideout for a group of brigands. The posse of 40 robbers would pillage outlying areas of the fort on nocturnal raids and hole up within the hollowed out trunk during the day.

Many of the citizens might have not seen the 500 year-old gigantic rare tree at Naya Quila near Golkonda Fort on the city outskirts. Yes. This is an oldest, tallest and a rarely seen tree in the country. The local people call it as ‘Hathiyan' tree or elephant tree, going by the size of it.

The gigantic tree with a height of 79 feet is of African origin. The trunk of the tree circumference measures of over 25 meters. The tree has a cavity of about 10'x10' space.

Unfortunately, both the people of the twin cities and the officials concerned seem to have forgotten about this unique tree. Except for the iron fencing, nothing much is done to protect it, or promote it as a tourist spot. At a distance of about one km from the Golkonda fort's entrance, the tree stands like a lone soldier guarding the area. Botanists say the tree is a great survivor and could withstand extreme famine conditions. It stores large quantities of water in its trunk. Baobab belongs to the silk cotton family and is widely seen in Africa and Australia. Africans treat it as sacred.

The tree will have large white flowers and fruits of normally one-foot-long. Both are rich in tartaric acid and vitamin-C, and boast of great medicinal value. The leaves which contain calcium, iron, proteins, lipids and phosphate are useful in the manufacture of fertilizer and soaps.

It is time that the Tourism Department should take special interest for this rare ‘Hathiyan' tree available in State capital and develop it as one of the city tourist attraction. The Archeological Survey of India under whose control the tree is being protected now has appointed a watchman, will tell many more stories about this gigantic tree.

3. Content from pranaysancheti11

You all must have heard about mehrangarh fort....
If not...then go through my pictures clicked from my Meizu m2...you'll surely love it guys...
Its amongst the biggest fort in Asia.
I love spending time there...cool breeze...and very well constructed.
#Jodhpurite #Lovemycity #Loveitsbeauty

More contents,please check this:http://forum.flymeos.com/thread-1062-1-1.html

Let's congrats them!