An interview with Prateek, designer of MEIZU India

2016-11-03 00:24

As you may remember, there's a Diwali Theme available last month in our theme center, the the designer is the one who we are going to introduce: Prateek Dhiman, the designer from our MEIZU India office. He designed Themes for our theme center, and also poster design for Indian launch, social media activity and product banners on the official site; today we are going to have an interview with him and know about his works.

FF: Hi, Prateek, welcome to our Flyme forum, as our forum members might not know you before, can you make a brief introduction of yourself?
A: Hi, I’m an illustrator highly motivated and passionate about art in general.I have been always interested in art that took me into illustration, which later on, with use of technology also took me to work with Digital Illustration. Later on I decided to join the university doing BFA in Applied Arts. I have also a vast interest in football i take out sometime to play football once or twice a week.

FF: Can you tell about your career experience?
A: So, i started my journey as a professional designer when i was still studying in college working as freelance designer doing various projects for different companies be it be logo design, website designing, apps, social media creatives and much more. At one point of time i even started my own company named Crenitio with a friend of mine so we deal in website development and app development where my role was to design the face of the apps and websites making them beautiful and attractive keeping in mind various design aspects and clients demands.But starting your own company can be very challenging and demanding we faced many problems with our developers we were not able to build the right team and also the friend with whom i started this company was distracted with some other stuffs and also i lacked experience as designer So, for the time being that part is on hold. In order to gain experience as a designer after college was done i started looking for jobs.

  

I started working in company named Webreinvent its design agency i worked there for quite sometime gained real experience the job was challenging i was on my toes all the time doing all sort of design work, but the company was very far off from my home so by the time i reached  home i was very tired and was not able to work for myself. It was very  frustrating for me because as i designer you also need to work for yourself where there is no client demands you can work freely and more openly. So, because of that i changed my job and started working in a website development company in Gurgaon I  worked there for sometime as the company was not so popular the job was not challenging enough  working there was not at all useful , my creativity was getting restricted, so i decided to leave that job and then job hunt started again.

 (Themes designed by Prateek)

   

FF: How do you fell working in MEIZU?
A: My journey with Meizu started in february 2016 and it’s been great working with Meizu ever since. Working with Meizu has surely stepped up my game as a designer and i have surely grown as a designer working here.
Working as a Flyme theme designer i can put my crazy ideas on table without any restrictions I love working with Meizu. I am also responsible for all the Meizu India designs where i have to work under some guidelines and some guidelines are necessary for good design and for a fact Meizu’s design principal is similar to mine keeping the design simple. Simple design can say a lot of things,I love minimalistic design where less is more as sometimes all you need is simple line to explain things more effectively to others. So, if given a chance i would love to go to China and work for Meizu more closely.

  

(Poster designs)

FF: Thanks for being in our interview, do you have anything to say to our forum and users?
A: And for the flyme forum I am very committedto share more themes and my creative ideas and I hope you are enjoying my crazyideas as I think that flyme forum is a very cool place for sharing resources beit be themes, wallpapers, flyme tutorials. Flyme forum has always been exciting placeto share your creative ideas and  I hope more and more people will jointhe forum and will make it a more exciting place.