Blank Google Contact issues and my (probably) solution...

2016-10-30 09:33

Edited by User442163980 at 2016-10-30 07:34

Greetings,

Searching this forum for the Google Contacts issues - seems this is the general issue with the FlymeOS, and I just had it too. So here's my finding so far:

I am a Meizu M2 Note user since November 2015. This is my first Meizu phone with Flyme OS.

After almost a year using this, while keeping the firmware updated (from the default Update app only), since Sept. 2016 I had trouble on loading the Google Contacts.Going into Dialer>Contacts shows blank page, and very slow to load. Day by day it become slower and slower - really frustrating.

Finally, I try download the newest manual install firmware (Flyme 5.1.10.0G - 2016-9-29 version) but no good.
At Contacts, no data appear, but if you type any letter - the data appear - but, click a contact shows more blank page.
I thought of trying a 3rd party contacts application to see if the internal Flyme is an issue, but no good - these applications also shows no contacts.
Try going back to Flyme 5.1.5.0G (2016-5-18) and found similar: you can't do anything. Felt hopeless here.

One biggest suggestion is to reset this phone to factory default and I did this after make backups of my phone (especially Whatsapp data, images, camera)
Since I have trouble on phone spaces lately, I decide to wipe all data too - so now this is totally almost like new phone, like I first time have it last year with OS version on November (5.1.* - not quite clear what version number).
Try sync to my Google account - and now the contacts appear fast! Test with a 3rd party contacts application and it is working as expected.
Now try again update to 5.1.6.0G as the Update application suggest - and check the google account - the contacts appear normally.

Test Power off the phone, and turn on again - and it is working normal.

Not sure what causing this... so speaking of Windows Operating system analogy - is it like a 'cache' / 'temporary folder' issue where this temporary folder gets filled and filled and filled until your phone totally gets 'tired' / 'confused' with this temporary data ?
Meizu developers / engineers knows more about this - so hopefully my info can help them locating this issue.

Please note that I do factory default this phone with wiping all data (why? In this case, I targetted this 'cache' / 'temporary folder' where I hope that also wipe this 'garbage') - Now I just need to reinstall all applications again. - So not sure IF I do the factory default WITHOUT wiping all data will solve this contact issue.
Also, more notes, I haven't install other applications, such as Whatsapp Messenger where its' contact database relies a lot to contacts available on your phone. - Will update this topic later...

Hope this info useful to anyone.

Set