ultrametric
Read Only
I wont bite.

Gold:417

Sign In:66

best_contentEarphoneMX5Super HunterHonour Online Value ContributePhoto GeniusGlobal FansPanda

2016-01-19 22:48

Note: The author has been banned or deleted.
Reply Support () Report
superpully
Honeycomb

Gold:203

Sign In:102

best_content100KForumMembersValue ContributePhoto GeniusGlobal FansAvatar uploadedEarphonePainterPandaFacebookTwitterMX5Pro 5

2016-01-19 23:03

ultrametric replied at 2016-01-19 15:48
Please don't do that, it would be a pity.

For the sake of a discussion. What means very much to me. ...

Yeah for sure they have to try to get a lower price if they want to be competitive....
I come from a Oneplus device that did in his price his best point, unfortunately since they lost Cyanogen support Oneplus 2 is still a lot buggy....

I think the main point is Meizu cares about European market? It seems they are moving also to Europe in order to sell more devices.... But if they want to be competitive for sure they have to decrease prices and consider also all the european bands (I haven't the pro 5 in my hands yet but since I live far from the biggest cities I think i will miss 800 Mhz Lte band).

In order to be more competitive they should sell directly on the market (not passing through reseller that increase significantly the price).

So the meaning in the end is... For sure it's not cheap but until there will be reseller I think an aggressive price it's almost impossible...
Reply Support (1) Report
ultrametric
Read Only
I wont bite.

best_contentEarphoneMX5Super HunterHonour Online Value ContributePhoto GeniusGlobal FansPanda

2016-01-19 23:32

Reply Support () Report
Judik971
Donut

Threads

Credits

Gold:0

Sign In:0

100KForumMembers

2016-02-01 05:35

Edited by Judik971 at 2016-02-01 03:10

The price is really a flaw for the Pro 5 mainly because Meizu is not  major player in Europe but I can understand the fact that the local fees don't help. The lack of Band 20 for LTE is an other point that can lead people to not buy this phone.
Reply Support (1) Report
KikoBar
Cupcake

Threads

Credits

Gold:4

Sign In:0

2016-02-02 07:18

Hello guys, i just bought the Meizu Pro 5 and i gotta say the price tag is pretty damn low for what you get in my opinion.
I got it from a site called GizChina for 399$ (with taxes included). I don't know who sells it for 499euro but if you search a little you can find a good price. Where i live the samsung s6 costs 500 euro and the edge is around 750. Compared to 400 dollars its a big difference.
Everything about Meizu's flagship is outstanding, the few drawbacks are its lack of OIS and that the OS is setup mostly for chinese consumers. Other than that in my personal opinion everything is fantastic. Now yes, i can find the Samsung s6 for the same price here and i do get the important warranty + tech service but if you don't need the last two and want to try something other than samsung/lg/htc/microsoft/sony you can not only try this device but help the company develop. Meizu's MX5 turned out to be quite successful and i can't wait to see the next generation and in which direction the company is going to go and by buying this phone one also shows his/hers support.
Reply Support () Report
ultrametric
Read Only
I wont bite.

2016-02-02 16:22

Reply Support () Report
Igor_Tarabrov
Froyo

Gold:96

Sign In:111

100KForumMembersAvatar uploaded

2016-02-09 16:14

I think that price depends first of all on reseller policy.

In Ukraine Pro 5 is significantly cheaper compare to S6.

Pro 5 64GB: ~$499;
Galaxy S6 DS 64GB: ~$808.
Reply Support () Report
ultrametric
Read Only
I wont bite.

2016-02-09 19:16

Reply Support () Report
Onohara
Honeycomb

Gold:278

Sign In:133

100KForumMembersflyme 5

2016-02-13 19:34

Honestly I cannot disagree with you it is indeed expensive and as it is pretty much unknown in most european countries won't be getting any attention at that price point by the average customer. There's some of your points that I cannot agree with though such as the samsung doing everything the Meizu does but better.

I personally also could've gotten a S6 or even a S6 Edge for about the same price I did not see any advantages in doing so other than the quality of samsung cameras, not to mention I like being able to switch between firmwares without having to void my warranty as most of the time even samsung updates are ridden with nasty bugs and leaves you with no way to go back.
Reply Support () Report
ultrametric
Read Only
I wont bite.

2016-02-13 19:46

Reply Support () Report
123Next
You have to login before you can reply Login | Register

©2024 Meizu Telecom Equipment Co., Ltd. All rights reserved.