fee_fedore139
Eclair

Gold:183

Sign In:0

100KForumMembersDebate Master50KForumMembershotstar70KForumMembersHonour Online

2016-09-14 19:26

Pulak replied at 2016-09-14 10:46
Your idea is good. But it is far from reality...
In everyday life we need something which is easy ...

Again, depending on what you do on the screen. The most comfortable to carry is a watch and a pen-phone. Imagine a Meizu smartphone with detachable phone speaker/mic (pen). It would benefit the design of a thin bezel(less) screen. You can leave the big screen smartphone/tablet home, and just use the pen-phone with a smartwatch when you go out.. So it's a bit silly to debate about what's the best screen size. The most important question is how to make devices compact and compatible, and I truly believe the pen-phone is the missing link for tablets and smartwatches to really take off.
Reply Support () Report
fee_fedore139
Eclair

2016-09-15 15:59

Pulak replied at 2016-09-14 10:46
Your idea is good. But it is far from reality...
In everyday life we need something which is easy ...

You see, Pulak, in a certain way you hit the nail on the head.
Smartphones are very useful devices and are probably here to stay for a very long time. But smartphones become very impractical for professionals when they also need a tablet.
Just recently I worked with a professional photographer for a photoshoot ...on location. He had to bring his, "WiFi CLOUD connected" camera's, lenses and what not, his smartphone and his tablet... dragging around the stuff he needed all day... you see where I'm going?
Professionals like him would be more than happy with an iPad (tablet) that also functions as a phone, so they don't have to drag a smartphone around all day, but (!) in combination with a smartwatch: hence the phone-pen.
The combination of tablet, pen-phone and smartwatch can replace a smartphone for many people: Students, professionals, etc... . A pen-phone is also more convenient than any type of headphone to make calls. So, YES, people will have to buy all 3 eventually, if they want it as an alternative/replacement for a smartphone.

For now our thinking got stuck in this smart-phone concept, and we don't take the -phone out of the smart- anymore and see other uses.

Just imagine Appel announces a new phone, and its just a ...stick (pen-Phone, probably iPhen or something), with the same beautiful minimalistic round design as the iPhone, iPad, iPod and Apple watch. To make a long story short: I bet you Apple will sell more tablets, smartwatches and iPods with an iPen that turns it into a smartphone.

The pen-phone, in combination with a smartwatch, is also VERY modular/compatible: Dock it in professional camera or gopro-like camera or your (bluetooth) speakers or any device you can think of. Change drawing/writing tips, add other sensors or modules... possibilities are endless.

In my perspective companies like Meizu are manufactures of mini tablets with build-in phone function.
But we all know PC's are getting smaller and smaller and all screens are becoming "touch" orientated.
So the future is compatibility and modularity: tablets of all sizes, docked to full blown mini PC, as computer monitors and the freedom to add phone function to any  size tablet (MOBILE device) of your likings.
Reply Support () Report
fee_fedore139
Eclair

2016-09-15 17:21

Will Meizu ever make an mPod/smart-mp3 player?
I never had the chance to buy Meizu's mp3 player and my 80G iPod is wearing out
Reply Support () Report
Pulak
Beta Team-Global

Gold:4043

Sign In:532

100KForumMembersM1 noteSuper HunterHonour Online Value ContributePhoto GeniusBeta TeamGlobal FansAvatar uploadedEarphoneInstagramPandacontent creatorcontest loverflyme 5flyme fanhotstarM3 notemeizu 13th anniversary50KForumMembers70KForumMembersDebate MasterDiwaliMedalyearly_beta_testerFacebookTwitterMX510KForumPostsforum_app1st_anniversary

2016-09-15 18:06

fee_fedore139 replied at 2016-09-15 13:29
You see, Pulak, in a certain way you hit the nail on the head.
Smartphones are very useful devices ...

You have pointed out many things which are actually not related to the topic. Smartpen, smartwatch, tablet everything has its importance in its place...

But what do you think... when you are going out how  many items you will carry with you... a phone... a tablet... a laptop/hybrid along with wires, charging docs, chargers and. I am not considering smartwatch, smartpen because they are actually replacing our regular companinions (I said already). Now instead of carrying so many things if I carry only one item which can fulfill all my requirements, it will be  much more cofortable to have. A tablet is the best option in this situation. Now what is the screen size of a tablet 6/7/8/9/10 inches.

Imagine you are on a beach spending leasure time carrying a 10 inch tablet. That would be most uncomrtable thing to happen. Well you had an idea like a smart pen which will serve the purpose of talking and leave the remaining tablet at home. That is fine, but with that concept you will miss many like you want to play some game - you can't. Most importantly you have to check mails, messages, replay to handle some emergency situation. You will be deprived of all that if you go by your idea.

Everything has importance in its own place. My understanding - a smartphone can only do certain things which we need to do on the go. It can never replace everything that we do for our professional purpose. In our office we need a pc/laptop do programming or preparation of proposal/solution. After everyting is done I can use a tablet for the presentation and also do some modification on the original document - hmm I can do that in a smartpone also.

Well you said your friend used so many equipments for the photo shoot - because without those equipments he can not serve his profession... Otherwise he would have carried only one device for everything.

I am not against tablet... I have used many (may be 4/5 including iPad )... My only point of view is a smartphone with a reasonable screen size would be preferred for day to day life...
Reply Support () Report
fee_fedore139
Eclair

2016-09-15 18:48

Edited by fee_fedore139 at 2016-09-15 11:51
Pulak replied at 2016-09-15 11:06
You have pointed out many things which are actually not related to the topic. Smartpen, smartwatch ...
-I point out that a pen-phone will help surge the sale of tablets and smartwatches.
-Completely confusing and full of contradictions.
-I'm even doubting if you've even ever seen a smartwatch? The idea is to make life simpler.
-Yes, I would opt for a 12 or 13 inch tablet + watch&pen-phone instead of a smartphone. If I play media or games I want a decent device with a larger screen than a smartphone.
-When I'm out, doing things, I, like most people, seldomly use anything from the smartphone that can not be done by a smartwatch. I would love the freedom of leaving my smartphone at home, but still being able to do all the most important tasks, as you named them. Now, I have only ONE option and that is SMARTPHONE or SMARTPHONE. Catch my drift?

Reply Support () Report
Pulak
Beta Team-Global

100KForumMembersM1 noteSuper HunterHonour Online Value ContributePhoto GeniusBeta TeamGlobal FansAvatar uploadedEarphoneInstagramPandacontent creatorcontest loverflyme 5flyme fanhotstarM3 notemeizu 13th anniversary50KForumMembers70KForumMembersDebate MasterDiwaliMedalyearly_beta_testerFacebookTwitterMX510KForumPostsforum_app1st_anniversary

2016-09-15 20:40

fee_fedore139 replied at 2016-09-15 16:18
-I point out that a pen-phone will help surge the sale of tablets and smartwatches.
-Completely co ...

You are RIGHT ... Choice varies from person to person

When I'm out, doing things, I, like most people, seldomly use anything from the smartphone that can not be done by a smartwatch. I would love the freedom of leaving my smartphone at home

But I don't think you can make some small changes in a document from your SMARTWATCH or SMARTPEN...

For that you need a 13/14 inch tablet... Same can be done in a decent size SMARTPHONE also... which is easy to carry...

So my choice is when I can do most of the things in a single device why sould I go for many... don't get confused... I know from SMARTWATCH when to take the phone out of the pocket and use SMARTPEN to do something in it...

I think the problem is the size where I like a smaller size device which I can carry easily... MOST OF THE PEOPLE LIKE THAT ONLY... I can enjoy everything when I am on the GO without any compromise...

And when comes to profession, it deserves the right device in the right place and it can be a TABLET also it my profession require it...

Our point of view will never meet as our choice of deivce screen size is absolutely on either side...

Reply Support () Report
fee_fedore139
Eclair

2016-09-15 21:08

Pulak replied at 2016-09-15 13:40
You are RIGHT ... Choice varies from person to person

I just love having the simple freedom of choice. I mean, who wants to go jogging with a smartphone? I don't want to edit files during lunch, I eat lunch, but I want to be reachable by phone, or get other notifications and so on...
Reply Support () Report
fee_fedore139
Eclair

2016-09-15 21:25

I also believe this pen-phone is the simple solution to where Project ARA failed and Nexpaq cases will fail too. They took the hardware and screen-SIZE as their startingpoint for building a modular PHONE, and not a PHONE.  If they had taken a phone, as basic as it can get, as their startpoint/base, they would have much more options and at the same time be more future-proof.
Reply Support (0) Report
Pulak
Beta Team-Global

2016-09-15 22:13

fee_fedore139 replied at 2016-09-15 18:38
I just love having the simple freedom of choice. I mean, who wants to go jogging with a smartphone ...

Ha.. ha.. same here
Reply Support (0) Report
fee_fedore139
Eclair

2016-09-16 00:39

Reply Support (0) Report
123Next
You have to login before you can reply Login | Register

©2024 Meizu Telecom Equipment Co., Ltd. All rights reserved.