ultrametric
Read Only
I wont bite.

Gold:417

Sign In:66

best_contentEarphoneMX5Super HunterHonour Online Value ContributePhoto GeniusGlobal FansPanda

2016-07-13 22:05

Edited by ultrametric at 2016-07-13 19:39
subhashvarma replied at 2016-07-13 19:32
I'm not concerned about having Chinese apps hidden in global or Indian firmware but does the Chine ...
Alright yeah the google apps really make a difference.

It just takes 5 minutes to install it on a Chinese-FlymeOS.

-> These 5 minutes you save + the time wasted getting the China-FlymeOS system apps that were removed back ... must be worth the difference.

Fact is: there is only China FlymeOS
what Meizu sells as Global / India is a "renamed China FlymeOS."

---

I will tell you a story you can read it up if you want to. It's written down with more detals on sever other places.

How the global firmware was born:

1 First there was just China FlymeOS
2 then Meizu sold to HongKong (where there is google)
3 So China FlymeOS + Google Apps was Global FlymeOS
4 both had all languages

after that in short: Meizu started to sell on other places the "China FlymeOS + google"
-> Nobody bought it b/c it was much more expensive and people didn't consider google apps being worth 100$ extra.

-> So Meizu removed languages from the global FlymeOS (what's FlymeOS China + Google Apps) back then.

And now we have:

FlymeOS China + Google + more Languages - system apps = India / GLobal FlymeOS

Reply Support (0) Report
subhashvarma
Content Factory Team
Stop checking my status

Gold:4043

Sign In:502

100KForumMembersDiwaliMedalflyme fanM2 noteHonour Online Photo GeniusAvatar uploadedInstagramPandacontent creatorhotstarmeizu 13th anniversary50KForumMembers70KForumMembersFlymeRecourcesTeamFacebookTwitter10KForumPostsforum_app1st_anniversary

2016-07-13 22:22

ultrametric replied at 2016-07-13 19:35
Alright yeah the google apps really make a difference.

It just takes 5 minutes to install it on a C ...

Ultra i told flyme is Chinese. Its for sure i was just mentioning about extra features in G,IN firmware so that International users who think using Chinese firmware is difficult would better go for G AND IN firmware that's it
Reply Support (0) Report
ultrametric
Read Only
I wont bite.

best_contentEarphoneMX5Super HunterHonour Online Value ContributePhoto GeniusGlobal FansPanda

2016-07-13 22:24

Edited by ultrametric at 2016-07-13 20:56

@subhashvarma
Please read it!

Before you start with "But MIUI global does the same" NO THEY don't!
As an example how the global FlymeOS could look like, based on MIUI Global.

This is an official list by Google, it lists Google Play Supported devices, you can see this as a list of "Global Android."

-> Meizu is not on it!
And why: Because you don't need it in China. -> And b/c there is no global FlymeOS

The list: Supported devices Google Play devices
Direct link to the PDF: https://docs.google.com/spreadsh ... gle=true&output=pdf

-----

And back to MIUI, Global MIUI is on that list. FlymeOS is not and very likely won't be for the next half year.
Himanshu made some implications that there will be a change.
But until Meizu is on this list! Cut the crap about "global FlymeOS" such thing does not exist.

---

Edit: Paying royalties is important for global companies and such is Meizu not.
But it's not all there is, this post just hints into a direction, but there is a lot of information missing.
Reply Support (0) Report
ultrametric
Read Only
I wont bite.

2016-07-13 22:26

Edited by ultrametric at 2016-07-13 20:56
subhashvarma replied at 2016-07-13 19:52
Ultra i told flyme is Chinese. Its for sure i was just mentioning about extra features in G,IN fir ...
Sadly it's not as simple as you want it do be.
Android is google, FlymeOS is Android.

Global Customers use the Google App store -> what's made for Android.
If Meizu does not "qualify" in the eyes of Google-Android, that's a problem for Global customers.

See it like this: FlymeOS is China, adding some languages does not make it global.

And if all you wanted to say Global-FlymeOS is a China-FlymeOS + languages, then please correct your first post. When you do that, you may also add that all other Chinese brands qualify as Google-Play Android (are on the list), but FlymeOS does not (is not on the list published by Google).
Please fix all the mistakes in your original-post... from Meizu never fixes bugs, to there is no global FlymeOS and so on.
Reply Support (0) Report
subhashvarma
Content Factory Team
Stop checking my status

Gold:4043

Sign In:502

100KForumMembersDiwaliMedalflyme fanM2 noteHonour Online Photo GeniusAvatar uploadedInstagramPandacontent creatorhotstarmeizu 13th anniversary50KForumMembers70KForumMembersFlymeRecourcesTeamFacebookTwitter10KForumPostsforum_app1st_anniversary

2016-07-13 23:15

Dont mind its ok
Reply Support (0) Report
ultrametric
Read Only
I wont bite.

2016-07-13 23:16

okay.

Glad we are finished with this.
Reply Support (0) Report
Himanshu_sing ...
Jelly Bean

Gold:641

Sign In:178

100KForumMemberscontest loverInstagramAvatar uploadedModeratorFacebookTwitterMX5M2M2 noteHonour Online Value ContributeBeta CaptainBeta TeamGlobal FansPanda

2016-07-13 23:29

ultrametric replied at 2016-07-13 11:12
That's good but I have some doubts.

Back some months when other devices but the MX5 and Pro 5 got ...

remember your above explanation for G and A that's the answer because A version was also having the same thing initially .
Reply Support (0) Report
ultrametric
Read Only
I wont bite.

2016-07-13 23:54

Edited by ultrametric at 2016-07-13 21:26
Himanshu_singh replied at 2016-07-13 20:59
remember your above explanation for G and A that's the answer because A version was also having th ...
Yeah I am not sure what version it was, probably not the G version.

But the point is: Same FlymeOS versions on diferent phones have different security patches.That really happened.

And that's why PONY's statement is fishy to me.

Edit: I don't want to argue about it, it's not worth the time.

And doesn't matter as long as it improves

Comment

Himanshu_s ...: as per my timeline month at max in beta and 2 month to get to stable. if everything go smoothly
2016-07-14 01:12
Reply Support (0) Report
Himanshu_sing ...
Jelly Bean

Gold:641

Sign In:178

100KForumMemberscontest loverInstagramAvatar uploadedModeratorFacebookTwitterMX5M2M2 noteHonour Online Value ContributeBeta CaptainBeta TeamGlobal FansPanda

2016-07-14 01:12

ultrametric replied at 2016-07-13 21:24
Yeah I am not sure what version it was, probably not the G version.

But the point is: Same FlymeOS  ...

as per my timeline month at max in beta and 2 month to get to stable. if everything go smoothly
Reply Support (0) Report
Abhiparmar92
Beta Team-Global
Never let your dream die...

Gold:1759

Sign In:209

100KForumMembersM2Super HunterHonour Online Value ContributePhoto GeniusBeta TeamGlobal FansAvatar uploadedEarphoneInstagramPandacontent creatorcontest loverflyme 5hotstarM3 notemeizu 13th anniversary50KForumMembers70KForumMembersDebate Master10KForumPostsDiwaliMedalyearly_beta_testerFacebookTwitterMX5

2016-07-15 00:33

Good one surely share this link to some of my friends...
Reply Support (0) Report
You have to login before you can reply Login | Register

©2024 Meizu Telecom Equipment Co., Ltd. All rights reserved.