xrtc
Eclair

Gold:212

Sign In:46

2018-05-29 17:47

Oberonmeister create on 2018-05-29 16:21
Edited by Oberonmeister at 2018-05-29 16:55 Okay, let's discuss it a bit. When you use the phone casually the CPU meter shows that 6 of your SoC's cores are under load. It is completely normal. Usually there are less cores working at once but 6 is definitely not something unusual especially considering a lot of background tasks. During extended use it is absolutely normal for a flagship chip to get to the temperature you have indicated. If you think a bit about it, 38˚ is just a 1,4 higher than the normal temperature of a human body. I mean you holding the phone in your hand are also heating it until it reaches the themperature of your body even if it is completely shut down, moreso when it works it also adds some heat form the working SoC to the heat you have transfered to the phone which leads to a bit higher temperature than it would have otherwise, if it would just laying on the table with the same workload. Again 38˚ is absolutely normal, especially if you hold it in your hand for some time.Now, about 42˚ under GPU load and your comparison to the the MX5. This is absolutely unfair. First you have to compare the processing power of these two devices to get the idea about how much more powerful Samsung SoC is comparing to very mediocre Mediatek chip in the MX5. You see, power doesn't really come for free, more power output also means more heat produced in the process. MX5 is cold not because it has good or power-efficient chip but because it is MUCH weaker and it doesn't produce as much heat just because of that. Pro 6 Plus is hotter just by it's nature. Again, 42˚ is not that bad either, especially under prolongued GPU workload and your previous phone didn't heat as much just because it couldn't output as much power that is needed to give you a smoother, faster and 4X resolution picture. Don't expect it to come free. Also there is a point about the metal back cover. You probably know that aluminium is a very good heat conductor and it can dissipate heat very effectively, that's why it is popular for making radiators and heat-exchangers. Aluminium back cover makes you feel more heat than, say, a glass back but it is better for SoC cooling. It makes the cooling more efficient and the chip is overall in more comfortable conditions which makes it less susceptible to a heat damage and prolongues it's life. Glass-covered phones on the other hand feel less hot but the chip inside is actually much hotter because the glass is a good insulation against heat so it can't dissipate outside as effectively as it would with the aluminium back cover. So here you have a compromise between your comfort and chipset's comfort. And lastly, about heating while on charge. It is, again, normal for Meizu phones to heat on charge due to the specific fast-charging technology they use. It has proven effective and fast. It is supposed to charge the phone very quickly while it is in the low-power mode so that you could grab it after it is charged in a short time. Charging is not as effective and fast while the phone is working and the heat is massive because now you have 3 sources of it at the same time: your own hand, working SoC and power system charging the battery. Again, it is the best not to use your phone while on charge. Also, place it display down for a bit better heat dissipation while charging. I personally never had any constant problems with heating because I know what to expect from the phone with the powerful chipset. If you try pretty much any other flagship on the market with the aluminium back you will find that they ALL heat pretty much the same and Meizu's results in that regard are not nearly the worst.

According to your SN, your phone was originally based on Chinese version, but now your phone has been installed with a global version.
Please kindly note that the global version and the Chinese version are not match and compatible and this kind of installation might cause some unpredictable risks, thus you can't install a global version in your Chinese version device.

This is the MEIZUs u answer, says that there problem is because i have Chinese SN and flashed the global version.
  From Forum App
Reply Support () Report
xrtc
Eclair

2018-05-29 17:50

Oberonmeister create on 2018-05-29 16:21
Edited by Oberonmeister at 2018-05-29 16:55 Okay, let's discuss it a bit. When you use the phone casually the CPU meter shows that 6 of your SoC's cores are under load. It is completely normal. Usually there are less cores working at once but 6 is definitely not something unusual especially considering a lot of background tasks. During extended use it is absolutely normal for a flagship chip to get to the temperature you have indicated. If you think a bit about it, 38˚ is just a 1,4 higher than the normal temperature of a human body. I mean you holding the phone in your hand are also heating it until it reaches the themperature of your body even if it is completely shut down, moreso when it works it also adds some heat form the working SoC to the heat you have transfered to the phone which leads to a bit higher temperature than it would have otherwise, if it would just laying on the table with the same workload. Again 38˚ is absolutely normal, especially if you hold it in your hand for some time.Now, about 42˚ under GPU load and your comparison to the the MX5. This is absolutely unfair. First you have to compare the processing power of these two devices to get the idea about how much more powerful Samsung SoC is comparing to very mediocre Mediatek chip in the MX5. You see, power doesn't really come for free, more power output also means more heat produced in the process. MX5 is cold not because it has good or power-efficient chip but because it is MUCH weaker and it doesn't produce as much heat just because of that. Pro 6 Plus is hotter just by it's nature. Again, 42˚ is not that bad either, especially under prolongued GPU workload and your previous phone didn't heat as much just because it couldn't output as much power that is needed to give you a smoother, faster and 4X resolution picture. Don't expect it to come free. Also there is a point about the metal back cover. You probably know that aluminium is a very good heat conductor and it can dissipate heat very effectively, that's why it is popular for making radiators and heat-exchangers. Aluminium back cover makes you feel more heat than, say, a glass back but it is better for SoC cooling. It makes the cooling more efficient and the chip is overall in more comfortable conditions which makes it less susceptible to a heat damage and prolongues it's life. Glass-covered phones on the other hand feel less hot but the chip inside is actually much hotter because the glass is a good insulation against heat so it can't dissipate outside as effectively as it would with the aluminium back cover. So here you have a compromise between your comfort and chipset's comfort. And lastly, about heating while on charge. It is, again, normal for Meizu phones to heat on charge due to the specific fast-charging technology they use. It has proven effective and fast. It is supposed to charge the phone very quickly while it is in the low-power mode so that you could grab it after it is charged in a short time. Charging is not as effective and fast while the phone is working and the heat is massive because now you have 3 sources of it at the same time: your own hand, working SoC and power system charging the battery. Again, it is the best not to use your phone while on charge. Also, place it display down for a bit better heat dissipation while charging. I personally never had any constant problems with heating because I know what to expect from the phone with the powerful chipset. If you try pretty much any other flagship on the market with the aluminium back you will find that they ALL heat pretty much the same and Meizu's results in that regard are not nearly the worst.

So u saying it's normall. I understand that u said, but i don't understand why i need to get burned My fingers every 15 minutes, what's the matter of this POWER as u say if i CAN'T use the power.
  From Forum App
Reply Support () Report
Oberonmeister
Eclair

Gold:69

Sign In:0

2018-05-29 19:25

My conclusions were entirely made based on the temperature values you provided. Precisely, you mentioned 38˚ and 42˚. As I said, 38˚ is only 1,4˚ higher than the normal temperature of a human body so you should barely feel it at all in normal conditions, and 42˚ is just 6˚ higher than normal body temperature. It is definitely more noticeable, I can even agree it can be somewhat annoying if you hold the phone for a long time, but definitely not unbearably hot. I mean... I'm usually taking bath with this temperature with no problems whatsoever and I'm not living in some place with extremely hot climate, so you can't say I just got used to heat. If you find 42˚ unbearable to hold, well... Maybe something is wrong with your organism? Again, I'm not trying to laugh at you or something, I just really can't see a problem with the phone heating to 42˚.
To make the situation you describe possible (really uncomfortably to hold) the temperature should be much higher, I'd say, starting from 50˚ and on. I can't see it on screenshots and in the text descr iption you provided, but if it happens than it is the problem.
As for Meizu's explanation, I personally believe it is complete bullcrap. All the most competent people from my local community (4pda.ru to be precise) say the only difference is the identifier of the device. Maybe there are some minor differences in the recovery section too but it can't really impact the OS. Now, Chinese vendors have the way to install the global version on the devices with Chinese ID's and there is a potential possibility that something might not install correctly in the process, although it is extremely unlikely as I see it because Chinese and global phones are completely identical hardware-wise. I mean, think about it for a moment: I have a global version and I can install both Chinese and global roms whenever I wish, but the Chinese version is limited to Chinese roms only. But how could I install Chinese roms on the global device if they had different hardware?
I can only suggest you one thing: if you have problems with the global ROM, maybe you could try Chinese one? It is much better in pretty much every way except having to manually set up Gapps.
If it will not work for you, well... I don't know how else can I help you, maybe you just have to get a device with a glass back after all...
Reply Support () Report
User625790356
Cupcake

Threads

Credits

Gold:1

2018-05-30 04:12

I got this phone few days back and I am running on flyme 7.The phone did get heated up while playing games.But day to day tasks are just fine.
Reply Support () Report
User625790356
Cupcake

Threads

Credits

2018-05-30 04:16

Here is a screenshot after 10min of gaming.I think it's quite hot.But considering it's metal body and slimness maybe it's just normal.Need opinion of you guys

S80529-23141246.jpg (207.58 KB, Downloads: 42)

S80529-23141246.jpg
Reply Support () Report
Oberonmeister
Eclair

Gold:69

2018-05-30 14:40

Okay, 50˚ is in my opinion a low end of uncomfortable temperature. I personally never play games on any of my phones so I can't really judge this aspect. Still, measuring the metal back itself tells that it is always colder than core temperatures which is natural.
My point is that this phone although powerful, has an old SoC which is also slightly less power-efficient than, say, Snapdragon 820, so you should compare it to other phones with SoCs of the same generation with a metal back. If you do so you will find they heat very similarly in gaming mode. I've tried Vivo 7 and HTC 10, to my subjective touch they heat the same.

Rate

Experience

Prestige

Gold

+4
Reply Support () Report
User625790356
Cupcake

Threads

Credits

2018-05-31 17:28

I also think that some games are just not optimised well enough in Mali gpus which causes extra stress causing to heat up a little bit.Snapdargon adreno is way superior in this matter
Reply Support () Report
Aplerix
Donut

Threads

Credits

Gold:12

Sign In:1

2018-06-10 19:41

I have noticed a similar overheating problem. The issue is that this causes to the camera to shut down . It is almost sure that you wont be able to record a video of long duration in case you are using the phone and you decide to record . Camera shuts down after 38-39 degrees Celcius . You get a warning at about 38. This is disapponting.
Reply Support () Report
xrtc
Eclair

2018-06-11 08:34

Aplerix create on 2018-06-10 19:41
I have noticed a similar overheating problem. The issue is that this causes to the camera to shut down . It is almost sure that you wont be able to record a video of long duration in case you are using the phone and you decide to record . Camera shuts down after 38-39 degrees Celcius . You get a warning at about 38. This is disapponting.

Yes i have also this kind of issue with camera. I cannot do video calls when I charging my phone. On flyme 7 i think this issue is solved, but because the change the limit for the camera, the overheat still. That's really bad
  From Forum App
Reply Support () Report
You have to login before you can reply Login | Register

©2024 Meizu Telecom Equipment Co., Ltd. All rights reserved.