Meizu Lifeme BTS30 Bluetooth Speaker Review

2017-04-26 17:40

Show all posts
On 19th July,2016 Meizu launched MX6 and also introduced Meizu Lifeme BTS30 Bluetooth Speaker at the event. In this thread, i will share my experience as i am using it since 10th January, 2017 (more than 3 months).

Specifications -

Brand Name                      Meizu
Model Lifeme BTS30
Color Black,White,Silver
Product Weight 685grams
Dimensions 9.6*4.0*18.5cm
Bluetooth Version 4.0
Music Output Mode Bluetooth/AUX
Power(Max) 2x5W
Battery Capacity 2200 mAh
Charging Time 3.5 hours
Play Time 7 hours
Frequency Response 100Hz-20kHz
DCR 3.6 ohm
Transmission Range 10m

Box Contents-
  • Meizu Lifeme BTS30 Bluetooth Speaker
  • USB Cable
  • AUX Cable
  • Quick Start Guide

P70426-134200.jpg P70426-150701[1].jpg P70426-150802[1].jpg

Physical Overview-
The frame use integrally molding aluminium + precision cutting CNC. It looks very premium and is anti-scratch , anti-resistant. Metal surface has been processed with sandblasting oxidation which give good touch feeling.

There are 4 physical buttons (made of metal) on the right side -
  • Power Button
  • Volume Up
  • Volume Down
  • Call Receive/Bluetooth Pairing Switch

On front side, there are 2x5W speakers and Lifeme Branding under them. Also power/Bluetooth pairing status LED and 3D Sound LED is there on bottom right.

On back side, there is Amplfier for thumping bass and below it, there is AUX IN port, Micro USB port and battery level indicator LED.

There is nothing on top and left side and rubber pads are attached on bottom for better grip on slippery surface.

P70111-174742.jpg P70426-134332.jpg

Performance-
It has Dual  NdFeB high performance magnetic circuit unit + dual passive diaphragm radiator. Also, it is equipped with Texas instrument (TI) TPA3130 amplifier, MaxxEQ 10 blanaced  tuning and low frequency extension algorithm of Waves MaxxBass which provides thumping bass and purest form of sound. Even at the highest volume, sound is cristal clear and distortion free.

Pairing a new device is easy-
  • Turn on phone's bluetooth
  • Long press power button of speaker to turn it on
  • Press Bluetooth Pairing button and blue LED light on front will start blinking
  • Wait until "Lifeme BTS30" appears in your phone to pair with, tap on it and pair with the speaker, Blue LED light will stop blinking.
  • Your phone is now paired with the speaker and you can enjoy loud, thumping bass yet clear music.

The Battery Indicator LED on the back is of 3 colors -
  • Green when battery is full.
  • Orange when battery is half
  • Red when battery is about to end.

While charging Battery Indicator LED will start blinking in same colors mention above according to battery status and will stop when fully charged.

P70111-174618.jpg

While the speaker is connected to your phone and a phone call appears, the speaker will pause music and a call ringtone (Speaker inbuilt) will ring and you can receive it via your phone or by pressing "Call Receive" Button on speaker.I loved this feature.

Also, when battery is low, it will give "Alert tone" after every 40-50 seconds to connect charger.

It weights 685 grams and is big to fit in your pockets so it is better to carry in bag on trips.

You can also use AUX cable to connect it with your phone. Also i tried connected it with my LED TV via AUX Cable and it worked like a charm. Watching movies is a treat with this speaker connected.

I feel myself very lucky to have this masterpiece. It is truly best bluetooth speaker. There are also speakers in market which has "USB, FM Radio, Micro SD Card Slot, Bluetooth & AUX" and priced half the meizu speaker and i tried them. The audio quality is not as good as BTS30 and also they get distorted on high volumes.

It is priced at 60 USD and it is worth it. Battery life is good according to the technical specifications and could have been more if they would have been normal speakers.

P70111-174404.jpg P70111-174431.jpg P70111-175351.jpg    P70426-134346.jpg

P70111-174703.jpg