EP-51in the spotlight by theverge.com

2016-08-10 20:09

Hi all,

Soon after the Forbes review applauding Meizu and Flyme, here comes the much required review and comparisons to EP 51 from theverge.com.

Meizu’s EP-51 earbuds aren’t widely available in the West, but a few niche online retailers sell them for $27.99 — a buck less than Apple’s wired earbuds. The price is incredibly cheap for what you get: good sound with solid bass that far exceeds Apple’s EarPods, a decent three-button remote that’s easy to navigate blindly by touch, a reasonable 6-hour battery, and a snug, comfortable fit (for my ears, anyway). The machined aluminum looks great (in my opinion) set against the red and black accents of the cable and mic, they’re waterproof and lightweight, and the buds attach magnetically around your neck when not in use. And because of the fit and better bass I get with the Meizu buds, I prefer them to the $100 JLab Epic2 Bluetooth wireless fitness buds selected by both The Verge and The Wirecutter as the best wireless buds for most fitness enthusiasts (the Epic2 is my second favorite). Hell, I even prefer the Meizu buds to the $250 B&O H5 wireless earbuds I recently received for testing, mainly because I can’t get the H5 buds to stay in my ears even while walking.

Check the full story here