Edited by Abhishek_Mishra at 2018-07-21 12:05
Hello Friends, Today i will show you how to improve gaming experience on a mediatek device.
I use a Meizu Mx5 and i play PUBG for hours without any lag or heating issues.
If you follow my guide stepwise then you will have the same experience.
1. Rooted device with SuperSu working properly
2. Teminal Emulator, Es File Explorer and kernel Adiutor installed from playstore
Step 1 :- Add these commands to your build.prop
Step 2 :- Edit these commands in your build.prop
(those commands which are not found add them)
Step 3 :- Remove thermal throttling
1. Open ES File Explorer enable the root explorer and hidden files option in it.
2. then Goto /etc/.tp
2. Copy the contents of thermal.off.conf to thermal.conf (for 85 degree throttling)
3. Restart the phone
From next step onwards it is upto you how you can customise your settings(like enabling/disabling of cores and changing max. cpu frequency)
Step 4 :- Enabling cores by the user
1. First set 0 to ro.mtk_perfservice_support in the build.prop
2. Download Terminal Emulator from playstore
3. Open it as superuser i.e type "su" command first
Now the next step will disable cpuhotplug and will allow you to enable/disable the cores
4. Type “echo 0 > /proc/hps/enabled” in the terminal emulator
Step 5 :- To make GPU frequency max.
1. Type "echo1 > /proc/gpufreq/gpufreq_limited_thermal_ignore"
3. also Type "echo0 > /sys/module/pvrsrvkm/parameters/gpu_dvfs_enable" in the terminal emulator
Step 6 :- limiting your Core Frequency
This step is very important if you don't want your phone to overheat
1. Type“echo 1326000 > /proc/cpufreq/cpufreq_limited_max_freq_by_user”
IMPORTANT:- The number 1326000 in the above command represents one of my core frequency, I got the best experience by setting the core frequency to 1326000 with 6 cores enabled increasing the core frequency led to overheating of the device.
To enable/disable cores just goto Kernel Adiutor --> cpu and enable/disable cores as you wish
If you follow all the steps then you will definitely be able to use your phones gaming performance to the fullest
Remember i have only talked about improving the gaming experience so there might be chances of reduced battery life, I haven't tested the battery draining properly but in my case if i play PUBG for around 35 min. then there is a loss of 22% battery (approx).
P.S. My phone is 3 years old so my phones charge holding capacity has reduced a lot.
nice tutorial bro..
My solution for is just putting copper plate between the soc and applied arctic 4 thermal paste both side. Better fps for me, but ill try this if have time to tweak perf and battery efficiency
Great, I was successful.
FPS was increased to 30 and maintained stable.
Big thank to the author.
is it work for another Meizu device? like Meizu m3s