Meizu m5 note review in India

2018-07-17 19:19

Show all posts
  From Forum App
From the spec sheet, the M5 Note looks like a solid device. A Mediatek Helio P10 CPU, 1080p LCD screen, at least 3GB of RAM, a massive 4,000mAh battery. The price is perhaps most impressive, costing just Rs- 5700 for the base model.
With great specifications at an incredibly low price, the M5 Note almost seems too good to be true. Unfortunately, it is.

Specifications
CPU
MediaTek Helio P10 CPU
GPU
Mali-T860 GPU
RAM
3/4GB
Display
5.5" 1080p LCD
Storage
16GB/32GB/64GB
Battery
4,000mAh
Cameras
13 MP Rear, 5 MP Front
Software
Flyme OS 5.2 (based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow. Upgradable to android 7.0 nouget+flyme7.0.0.0G)

THE GOOD
Screen
The 1080p display is probably the best feature of the M5 Note.
Speakers
The built-in speakers are firmly in the 'good enough' category.
Ports
There's a headphone jack.
THE NOT SO GOOD
Battery life
The poor implementation of Google Play Services causes the battery life to plummet, even with light use.
Notifications
I could not receive notifications through Google Hangouts, among a few other apps.

DESIGN AND MATERIALS
The M5 Note, as the name might imply, is a rather large phone. The device itself is roughly 154mm tall, 75mm wide, and 8mm thick - almost identical in size to the Pixel XL and now-discontinued Galaxy Note7.
Besides the physical size, the first thing you might notice when holding the M5 Note is the weight. Whereas my Pixel is just 143 grams (5.04 oz), the Note is 175 grams (6.17 oz). The extra weight is largely thanks to the included 4,000mAh battery, which I'll get to later. Overall, I didn't really mind the extra weight, but it is certainly noticeable compared to most flagship devices.