smarq
Eclair

Gold:53

Sign In:8

100KForumMembers

2018-03-30 00:28

Show all posts
Edited by smarq at 2018-04-01 20:58

I installed yesterday and I am very satisfied with this new firmware.
Everything works as well as in the old (Flyme 5.1.6.0A), or better...

For now there are only two things less positive, one to the firmware and another a bad luck I had:
-no longer have access to block notifications of installed applications
-unintentionally, I did unmount / mount / format sdcard and I am now trying to recover through various softwares for windows 10

Root Works fine and the last busybox is already installed and also xposed and buildprop editor.

Easily customize everything:
-small font, not bold
-turn off game mode to save on battery
-theme and wallpaper from Flyme5+Meizu Pro 5 presentation
-installed "Language changer & set local language" application from Google play and "LanguageX Studio" for Portuguese Language
-wifi and data works more stable and fast
-installed Swiftkey keyboard
-installed Gapps installer 4.2.5 version and only have access to Google play and can add Google accounts.
-c:geo app cant use in this rom (android 7.0)

-Flyme Forum app cant log in with my credentials but can see/use the forum app (today i can, maybe after change buildprop meizu.region to EU and to pt-PT...)

-------------It´s not because April's fool day-------------------(edited and added on 2018-4-1)

Someone talked about problem with fast battery drain:

-It's not such a serious problem.
After all the battery save mode I had before (flyme 5.1.6.0A) and that only used 4 core's
up to 1500mhz. Now the battery management is done with all 8 core's between 400mhz and 2100mhz...
If they (meizu+flyme updates) go back and having this "old battery mode", that problem is solved.

-Google Chrome sometimes takes a long time do start but Firefox works fine.
-Now i can use normal Facebook. With Flyme 5.1.6.0A only can use Facebook lite...
(the same "problem" as now with Google Chrome)

-I preferred the flyme 5.1.6.0A camera software (touch autofocus+automatic mode+filters), but the new one works fine and when use filters, keep the original photograph and create another.
Where's macro and lightfield mode's?!

-c:geo app cant use in this rom (android 7.0)   Can't find other alternative that works...

-Auto-brightness doesn't seem to work (may be another reason for the battery drain faster)

-Wifi and Data works better and faster!

For now, i see no reason to go back.

Comment

smarq: OVERVIEW / RESUME The good things: -It is a stable rom with a fluid and rapid use. -Network and Internet work great and fast. -It was easy to root and install the adjacent applications - busybox, bui
2018-04-07 18:26
Reply Support (0) Report
smarq
Eclair

Gold:53

Sign In:8

100KForumMembers

2018-04-07 18:26

Show all posts
Edited by smarq at 2018-04-07 18:29
smarq replied at 2018-03-30 00:28
I installed yesterday and I am very satisfied with this new firmware.   
Everything works as w ...
OVERVIEW / RESUME

The good things:
-It is a stable rom with a fluid and rapid use.
-Network and Internet work great and fast.
-It was easy to root and install the adjacent applications - busybox, buildprop editor, xposed

The least good things:
-CPU management is not appropriate to the actual features and capabilities of the CPU, on the one hand Works great using the speed and all 8 cores but on the other hand has no longer have the saving mode to use only 4 cores up to 1500mhz. BUT there is a similar mode that we can activate but still uses 4 + 2 Cores and so it is not so efficient. This is what leads to the battery not being able to reach the end of the day with medium/intensive use of the mobile. Still lasts longer than a Huawei P8lite...
-The battery takes more time to start charging the power.
-The camera does not have macro mode and light field and the filters are not as good as it was in the Flyme 5
-Some applications are not compatible with Android 7 and some work badly.
-The Android 7 base, no longer allow to delete known mobile networks when we are not near them, through application Wifi Manager.
-The task Manager does not efficiently erase the memory used by the applications we are closing and there's always leftover memory...even if we use the optimization and security application.

I will now try the version Flyme 6.1.0.0A.

Reply Support (0) Report
You have to login before you can reply Login | Register

©2024 Meizu Telecom Equipment Co., Ltd. All rights reserved.