[REVIEW]- MX5 – The New and the Old with Odds. PART-finale

2016-05-04 13:37

Show all posts
Edited by Himanshu_singh at 2016-05-04 11:16

1.jpg

Hi there,

Hope this article gets to you in good condition!

Let’s roll

Previous article of its continuation

Well today in the finale part we are going to focus on 2 most basic feature of the device!

HARDWARE/PERFOMANCE

PERFOMANCE.gif

Under the hood, the Meizu MX5 packs an octa-core MediaTek MT6795 (Helio X10 Turbo) processor,clocked at 2.2 GHz, and backed by the PowerVR G6200 GPU and 3 GB of RAM.

Now x10 was launched almost 2 years ago . This was at that point of time considered up as flagship chipset. Now if we are to look in today’s time the very chipset in available in mid range devices all across the world.

So does it fit in forMX5?

Yes it does considering there have been price drop as well so as to vary the mobile market and it is quite good.

Q- MX5 by x10 Meizu should have gone with SD which give higher performance, and isn’t even having low benchmark score !

A – Every chipset is a state of an art for someone like me because the designing of the most basic transistor of anything below 20nm is totally an extreme innovation .
And today to all those who ask me that Mi5 got highest benchmark score , iPhone 6 beats a lot of people. Today I am going to put 2 same devices same settings, one filled with entire set of application and other on just unboxed with no application for benchmark testing and going to display you that those score are merely just a hoax. For someone who have extensive knowledge of “analytical modeling and simulation of semiconductor“ those benchmark are not the actual thing which can ever tell what that processor is capable of !

In terms of performance

MX5 is good enough to play out any games with right kind of settings enhancement

In terms of graphics

PowerVR is quite good enough to give real state of graphics and you would rarely feel any gitters

Q – How can we believe you, I get phone hanged whenever it gets heated up and can’t play games that easily?
A – It is not about belief it is about proper knowledge. A phone even if you are at 45-48 degree of warming up phone would rarely feel lag at all. but the moment you cross 50-55 that’s when the processor inbuilt cooling system gets alert to lower down the clocking frequency in order to stop any over flow of “transient current” (pure technical). This in turn slows down the game. This is right explanation it is not phone, it is environment in which you play out games.

Q- Would my phone explode if I can get temp. Beyond 60-65?
A – absolutely not the phone are having a basic standard to work up till 70 degree but don’t try getting it that high as they might not explode but you would sure fuse the transmitter and LCD panel circuitry.

In order to stop answering any irrelevant question I would show case 2 phone. With benchmark to clear all doubt !
Benchmark is not the right value of product! It is just device which can play with no. other which isn’t able to end up called low quality but they are all GOOD!

2[].jpg

The device on left is my 6 months old MX5 and on right the brand new 2 days old MX5

3[].jpg

I went with same sets of benchmark tools in both.
What I did next was half of the benchmark asked for performance mode I went with high performance and high quality .
Benchmark used –Geekbench,Basrmark OS x/II ,antutu,GFX,Vellamo.

All above are considered best for all type of performance calculation. Here are the result look carefully no. don’t match and sometime old MX5 with almost dozen of application on linked launching and auto start out perform the new one which is free of any cache or application data  to hinder it’s performance.

comparison.gif

I am sure you might have got a clear idea of what numbers are and what they show ! A common myth being said Antutu score highest sometime prove best efficient and fast processor which I have seen all tech giant showcased in their launched event (I have experienced in a lot of times)

Here above score shows 50k avg for MX5 which is actually 56-57k on avg basis. For any Helio x10device .
I hope this might changed mind for a few people who think benchmark score is everything!

Q- What would you have to say about SD820 and Helio x25 while Meizu uses Helio and entire world for flagship uses SD820?
A – on personal note I have not tested Meizu flagship on Helio X25 neither there are entire tech details of the over clocked processor yet available (information which I am looking for goes beyond basic spec sheet).
While SD 820 sure is impressive but let me tell you something which a lot of people might not know SD / Helio uses a branching technique (Hexagon /Tri cluster) for which both of them are best in class and these above are the one which prove the real working and there are many more such process which are hindered in all benchmark statement!

So final though on the same SD820 is absolutely great and Heliox25 I haven’t tested it yet hence no remark.

Here below are score of old device

bench old.gif

The new device

bench new.gif

Two same device but two score which are quite contradicting to what I said above quite amusing isn’t it

4.jpg

Final thought does this processor with its spec last in today’s time ?
Yes it would survive fairly enough but in next 2 quarter that might change due to new 13,17nm technologies which are better in all aspect would hinder the x10 popularity.

OPERATING SYSTEM

Well now is part to wrap things up with one of the most important aspect of Meizu devices
FLYME -5
Yes I know you must be wondering why *5*
Because in order to give you right idea of device in current time I have to consider the latest beta on which we work!
As compared to Flyme4 a lot have change in this new with all new design which is sleek and elegant at the same time.

flyme UI.gif

A lot of thing in terms of design have been changed!

Q- You say a lot but many things which are present in lollipop why are they not available as rest all devices?
A – Flyme doesn’t have to comply to CET license which require to adopt the entire architecture of the android system which in turn help the developers to design many thing from the very basic point which can be unique but yes I know it is quite frustrating if some basic amenities aren’t provided.
Q- Do you think they all basic one be provided in upcoming time ?
A – Yes they will be but it would take a lot of time for them to come out on stable version .
Q- Why not marshmallow still made out of Flyme ?
A – Let developer first fix all they have in lollipop version (funny but it seems to be the case)
Q- Why Flymeacc not made out yet and also why ADM not supported up on entire platform?
A – I know many user have complained about so . The Flyme acc is under beta testing hence it would be made public maybe somewhat in Mid June.
And as per for ADM the words have been given out to dev. Team and as per information they are already under fixation process hence once they are out for beta Flyme team may release a public version for same on all models to fix the issue.

Since we have *mBack*button many user far too often asked us to bring on screen navigation.
To which developers came up with few quick access .which are currently available in beta ,which provide quick access on double click to music, cleaning all background app on long touch and many more are coming in due time.
With this being said I suppose the idea of many stating that Flyme is bad !

It might change for them all in due time!
Not on 100% scale but yeah I can go for 60-40 %.
From time to time I would be creating beta section article to showcase what is upcoming feature in beta section in future.
This is the final wrap up of the MX5 .

I hope you all liked it.
Weather I be doing the review for m3/m3note and pro6 it is all dependent on Flyme forum team !
Maybe someone else might do ….
But all the content up till now has been originally written with nothing taken up from any techblog site.
The format of review style is my own creation no one else hold any loyalty when content of the article in concerned .

See you all guys soon maybe in other review article!