[REVIEW]- MX5 – The New and the Old with Odds. part -2

2016-05-02 22:16

Edited by Rudraksh at 2016-05-02 20:06

Hi there,

Well this is the continuation of the last review article which you all saw. And if you still haven’t I would like you all to check itout

So without any delay let me start the article!

KEY NOTE – this article contains many pictures which are original (rather than usual screenshot) kindly let the article load 100% so as to ease with reading.

Let’s roll ….

CAMERA /PHOTOGRAPHY

I usually get to hear it from my family members quite often and also from friends that your mx5 is damn cool but that bump on the back for camera is a bit off . That sure must click your mind too at times

Q – Why Meizu did not made camera fit in for MX5 it could have looked way to awesome !
A – The camera sensor used in MX5 is IMX220 I am sure you all know about it . But this sensor in itself is approx7.6mm in size with lens  curvature being 5.6mm .
That 7.6 should be ringing some bells now coz that is almost equivalent of thickness of the MX5. So I suppose that to solve the basic thought .
So is there something bad about this camera ?
NOPE!
I seriously would say the camera might be a bit same to MX4 series but the enhancement when noise and gitters reduction (I won’t be explaining how these happen for that check my camera related article ) are considered is totally covered up now. To make it click more accurately we have
*Laser Autofocus*
Seriously getting back to the point that last year it sure was something premium but in today’s time laser focus is quite common but only one brand took it up in consideration.
Rest all we OEM went with OIS and PDAF which are only up for auto mode.

Why you ask ?
Manual of controlled phone photography doesn’t require software OIS or PDAF that work shall be adopted by the user. It is all about how well you can adjust camera to point to click a perfect picture.
Well off course this above mentioned part for normal user is like black dot coz they only take photograph!

Any specific thing about this camera ?
Yes, do not use HDR anymore with the pixel size 5248x3969 approx (active) the quality of picture is so great that you would hardly require HDR mode.

Q – Sometime photograph seems dull when tap for focus is it camera problem ?
A – absolutely not, the camera being aided with laser focus is active the moment you open the UI so by time you tap for focus till then it is adjusted the moderate setting the moment you focus for one point laser focus detect the intensity to illuminate that very point .
So if it goes out focus /dark you would have to focus the mid point of visual image where light is neither dim nor dark coz laser autofocus can detect the slightest change in dark and light spots (nerdy thing )

Let’s take a look at the UI now

The UI have been revamped from Flyme 4 and is far better in Flyme 5 no doubt about it !
NOTE- picture below taken are produced by 3 specific beta tester abhijit,rihu,arunabh.
Their name are present in picture which reproduced by them and rest all are mine !
VARIOUS ENVIRONMENTS

In order to make it bit elaborate I asked tester to click photograph in different scenario. They are as follows (I would put remark if there is any details to be told)

1-      FULLDAY

Seriously if your are out MX5 camera can make you run for clicking more photographs

2-      INDOOR

Being a phone camera indoor photography can be a bit off at times because of noise and frequent laser focus

3-      MACRO-LOW LIGHT

Here I asked tester to click photograph inside home where full sunlight is not dissipated

4-      MACRO

With normal day out one can capture some very descr iptive shot I have nothing to hide !

5-      MODERATE LIGHTNING (NOON)

With a warm environment MX5 capture most amazing photograph sometime far better than full day

6-      NIGHT PHOTOGRAPHY
Here I went with 2 formats with flash /artificial light or without flash. Reason being laser autofocus is very reason why dark photography has noise reduction with dual tone it upgrade the reduction procedure .
Q- Is there much difference ?
A-     Yes there is night photography regardless of any phone you consider have noise. And only a few high end models are able to produce right color in full dark environment.

WITH FLASH

With no outside light and only the use of flash these photograph shows as to what MX5 can achieve when color correction and stabilization is concerned.

WITHOUT FLASH

Well here are the right thing photographs all taken up with no flash and full dark environment toshow case how much noise and how well color adaption is possible

this is take at 12 in night !

7-    SELFIES

Well this is what everybody ask me the front camera of MX5 is capable of quite good picture .
Only when day light is concerned in night is become way too noisy

Remarks – from my personal experience I feel that M2note front snapper click better with right color adjustment as compared for MX5 .
Rest I am not much good of selfie junkie I let the user decide for themselves
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
this wrap up the camera part when video recording is concerned I am no good of an expert in that for that I would let you all decide for yourself how well it does.
Here is one sample for slowmo and normal videography:

BATTERY
People far too often say that 3000mAh is big but can it last full day ?
Answer is yes it can!
With Flyme 5 providing absolute control on app management. It solves the issue quite well .(I would tell bit about this in my next part of review )
On an avg. with normal calling and music junkie if considered phone can last for 7-9hrs of talktime and listening .
But ain’t nobody got time to talk everyone want to chat through social network and surf music all the time.
This thing is quite common and if you are all time wakeup social addict phone can make your last 6 hrs of overall time on an average.
And if we add gaming to the same we got like 5hrs on average.
Here below are a few battery stats of various user.

This wrap up the second part of review !
I am sure you all liked the details and sorry if thread took a bit of time to load because if I was to present with gif only you would not have been able to find difference is picture and it’s quality. If you want to ask any questions regarding any feature for camera feel free to ask !

Stay tuned for
Next/last part