[UNBOXING]- MX5 Meizu last year product | Does it stand in today’s time!

2016-04-30 21:28

Edited by Himanshu_singh at 2016-04-30 19:36

Hi there,

I am sure you all might be thinking “why do it for an old model”?

With M3 note, M3 & Pro6 launched just few weeks back.But to current news only the M3 note is expected to be making its global availability right off the upcoming months with M3 only to reside in china mainland and the availability of pro6 is still questionable.
So before I go in for full bar review and unboxing for M3note (probably) let’s take a look at what last year model (MX5) holds for us if they were to be compared to this year’s lineup.

Of course as the thread title state it is just the unboxing. I would be releasing a full detailed review on various aspects of the phone plus a full teardown of its OS system as well and I would make sure to answer few quick questions for which many have been asking us in FAQ.
(For which we would be using latest beta as in for comparison Flyme 5)

Q – why not for pro5 which was and still best flagship for Meizu!
A – (Stupid one) because I don’t have and probably won’t getone either

Here we go!

THE BOX

Do I really have to state something about it? Nope it is lovely isn’t it? With MX5 written on plain white it looks elegant.

The phone

Now there is our thing instead of going with usual placing it on top it is inside folder box. Within the box itself which is bit different from other Smartphone placement in boxing.

So it is single metal body (unibody design). The metal used is “T6063 aluminum” which is as light as 21gm. This is having a precise coating of 0.02mm for perfect colour reproduction. The edge cutting and speaker ports within the phone are done using the 4-axis CNC machine tool that conducts 360°rotating processing, with a precision of 0.01mm.

THE USUAL THING

Yes am talking about the warranty card, the sim ejector tray model and the user manual. They placed nicely inside the pocket box!

THE OTHER BASICTHINGS!

Here we have our 5V-2A charger, and the 1.2M long cable.Remind you it is not an *mCharge* adapter. With no earphone in the box. But we have got the earphones as well to show case which comes with box (EP21-HD).

This wrap up the unboxing of the phone. Now what does thephone holds for use in terms of specification!

Dimensions             149.9x 74.7 x 7.6 mm (5.90 x 2.94 x 0.30 in)
Weight                     149 g (5.26 oz)
SIM                           Dual SIM (Nano-SIM,dual stand-by)
Supports                  FDD-LTE / TD-LTE / TD-SCDMA /WCDMA / GSM
DISPLAY                  AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
Size                          5.5 inches (~74.5%screen-to-body ratio)
Resolution                1080 x 1920pixels (~401 ppi pixel density)
OS                            Android OS, v5.0.1(Lollipop)
Chipset                    Mediatek MT6795 Helio X10
CPU                         Octa-core 2.2 GHz Cortex-A53
GPU                         PowerVR G6200
Primary                    20.7 MP, f/2.2, laser autofocus, dual-LED (dual tone) flash, check quality
Features                  1/2.3"sensor size, 1.2 µm pixel size, geo-tagging, touch focus, face detection, HDR,panorama
Video                        2160p@30fps,1080p@30fps, 720p@100fps
Secondary               5 MP, f/2.2, 1080p@30fps
WLAN                      Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac,dual-band, WiFi Direct, hotspot
Bluetooth                  v4.1,A2DP, LE
GPS                         Yes, with A-GPS,GLONASS, BDS
Sensors                   Fingerprint, accelerometer,gyro, proximity, compass
Messaging              SMS(threaded view), MMS,Email, Push Mail, IM
Browser                   HTML5
BATTERY                Non-removable Li-Ion 3150 mAhbattery
Display                    Contrast ratio: Infinite(nominal), 3.416 (sunlight)
Loudspeaker          Voice 75dB / Noise 73dB / Ring 79dB
Audio quality           Noise-94.0dB / Crosstalk -95.0dB

Stay tuned for the review of the same in coming days. I would make sure to explain every basic details and whether those features are conducive to user on day to day basis or not.

Yes what I meant above is absolutely what you think, it isn’t some review to tell on what device it is but a *bitter* truth about what it does for the user and is it frustrating? Or does it fits right into the user environment.

Make sure to thumbs up the thread and do comments if you want things like this be done for other models.

Stay tuned! for more