[News]Mi India has not lost its magic, to launch Mi5 in India

2016-03-09 18:25

Show all posts
In July 2014, Xiaomi came to India with a bang. The company launched its popular smartphone Mi 3 through flash sale and disrupted the smartphone market in India. This followed with many more launches spanned over a few months which included Redmi Note, Redmi 1, Redmi 2 Prime, Mi 4 and Mi 4i to name a few. The launch of Mi 4i last year in May once again created the magic for it being a beautiful piece of hardware with great camera. The company also launched its fitness band, Mi Fit.
And then came the 'Made in India' announcement in August last year, after which the company wasn't as aggressive in launching more devices as it was since it entered the Indian market. That gave way to the competition. Brands including ZenFone, Huawei, Vivo, Meizu and the recently launched LeEco continued to storm the market with their devices and took advantage of this gap.
It seems Xiaomi themselves have faced this criticism as after announcing the Redmi Note 3 at an aggressive price of Rs 9,999, Hugo Barra, Vice President, Xiaomi, acknowledged, "I know from the bottom of my heart that what we have accomplished is still not enough. Lately, I have been hearing a lot of people say things that sometimes make me feel a little bit sad. Stuff like are you ignoring Indian fans?  Has Mi India lost its magic? And we are here to say that Mi India has not lost its magic. We are bringing our blood, sweat and tear in brining the latest products to India in the shortest possible time."
Barra further added, "The Mi 5 is coming to India. We had 1.6 crore registrations in China. And it is coming to India in a month.  We are working really hard to make this happen."
Announced just ten days ago, Mi 5, the company's next flagship device will come to India in just one month after the China launch. Xiaomi will be launching it in India within next one month. Well, this will be a comeback for Xiaomi as the Mi 5 is a beautiful price of hardware and packs in high end specifications.
The Xiaomi Mi 5 is the company's much awaited smartphone after the Mi 4 and was announced just ten days ago at Beijing as well as Mobile World Congress in Barcelona. It comes almost a year and a half after the Mi 4 launch. Xiaomi Mi 5 features a 5.15 inch full HD display, a metal body, 3D ceramic back, which is durable and water resistant and is merely 7.25 mm thin. Xiaomi has added a finger print sensor below the display that also bundles as a home button.
It is powered by Qualcomm's latest chipset, Snapdragon 820, and is paired with LPDDR 4 4GB of RAM. Weighing 129 grams, in packs in a 3000 mAh battery.  It is also equipped with a Sony IMX298 16MP sensor and Qualcomm Spectra image processor with 4 axis OIS and can capture 4k videos too.
Mi 5 with Snapdragon 820 processor, 3GB RAM and 64GB internal storage is priced at Yuan 2299 (Rs 24,107 approximately) and the third one with Snapdragon 820 processor, 3GB RAM and 32GB storage is available for Yuan 1999 (Rs 20,962 approximaely). It will ship Android Marshmallow with MiUi and packs in a 3000 mAh battery and supports Quick Charge 3.0.

Hopefully, Meizu also starts launching their devices in India and do not delay more than a month.