hellenicsun
Honeycomb

Gold:1072

Sign In:119

100KForumMembersflyme fanM2 noteHonour Online Avatar uploadedInstagramcontest lover50KForumMembersFacebookTwitter10KForumPosts70KForumMembers

2016-05-11 17:21

Show all posts
Interesting thread.

You Meizu people have done a good job with Flyme OS. But still, Android must be always upgraded to latest version available because of compatibility to software updates, latest security patches etc... and we know nowadays that HW is not a problem! Most mid-range to high-range smartphones and even certain low-range ones, are pretty capable or running latest Android without any issues - custom ROMS prove that. Of course, a manufacturer has to sell devices to stay alive and running latest Android OS is a good selling point.

For me, Meizu should firstly finish upgrading all devices with stable 5th version of Flyme OS by the end of this month. Then, mid-summer they should present newer version with Android 6.0 that we can test-run till the end of the year where the company should give us the stable version.
Reply Support (1) Report
hellenicsun
Honeycomb

100KForumMembersflyme fanM2 noteHonour Online Avatar uploadedInstagramcontest lover50KForumMembersFacebookTwitter10KForumPosts70KForumMembers

2016-05-13 16:29

Show all posts
Tymcio replied at 2016-05-13 10:08
To be true, none of apps I use every day don't need it :)

And about Android 6 you can read here:

..but it's fare to say that an operating system applies to all, right? Which means that you may not use a certain app that requires latest Android OS version but I might do - and I know some apps that I cannot install because I'm using 5.1.

Flyme OS is great. But Meizu should consider upgrading Android OS version, why not to latest N.

Comment

BoonC: I agree with you.
2016-05-13 16:46
Reply Support (1) Report
hellenicsun
Honeycomb

2016-05-13 17:47

Show all posts
Tymcio replied at 2016-05-13 11:29
Read link I sent ;) There is written, that all phones will receive Android 6 or probably N, because  ...

I've red it and indeed these are good news!
Reply Support () Report
You have to login before you can reply Login | Register

©2024 Meizu Telecom Equipment Co., Ltd. All rights reserved.