Onohara
Honeycomb

Gold:278

Sign In:133

100KForumMembersflyme 5

2016-04-14 05:25

Show all posts
Camera seems worse than that of the Pro 5 (and definitely worse than any of the good camera phones), Asphalt is obviously running at a pretty low framerate which ain't surprising thanks to mediatek, the force touch is working nicely but pretty much no 3rd party apps will support it unless Samsung or Google decide to use this tech in their phones and the design really is the Pro 5 with some tweaks/improvements but no complains here as the Pro 5 design was amazing already.

So in short I still dig the design but everything else based in that video disappoint, I really really hope that's just the MX5 successors and a Pro 6 SE (if you ask why SE, it's because Apple did it and now everyone's going to follow the lead) will be announced which will be the real successor to the Pro 5 :'(

I'll wait for reviews (hopefully from the likes of Erica Griffin as others are paid lying a-holes) before giving my final opinion though.
Reply Support (1) Report
Onohara
Honeycomb

100KForumMembersflyme 5

2016-04-26 04:08

Show all posts
Is the following link legit https://www.meizumobiles.fr/produit/pro-6-silver-64go-2/ ?

Yesterday it was available for pre-order here but with no price and today the pre-order button has been removed, hence the question..
Reply Support (0) Report
Onohara
Honeycomb

100KForumMembersflyme 5

2016-04-27 09:00

Show all posts
Edited by Onohara at 2016-04-27 06:31

Here's some more video now that it has started getting reviewed around the world, as well as my own impressions based on these.

Video recording:Gaming performance:
Reviews:
My impressions:
So my first impression is that this phone should've used the same exynos as the Pro 5 and should've been the Pro 5 mini. There's no improvement over the past generation and even gotten worse in some areas where it should have improved, let's split this into 3 list, the good, the bad and unknown factors.

The good
1. The subtle changes to the Pro 5 design made it even more of a beauty, side bezels have been shrunk and the new antennas are not as obvious as the big plasticy ones from the Pro 5.

2. If you put gaming aside the Pro 6 seemingly is an insanely fast phone, as fast as the Pro 5 or at worst a split second behind meaning you won't be waiting at all for daily tasks.3. It is running Android 6.0 aka marshmallow, hurray!
The bad
1. So oddly despite the fact that the camera setup hasn't changed it's doing worse than the Pro 5 in camera department just as I had noticed from the video in this thread. Not to mention it should've gotten optical image stabilization as it's the standard now or at least digital stabilization for the video recording.

2. Gpu performance is also disappointing as expected from the weak T760-MP4 so do not expect a to have a good time with anything that really require the gpu to work unless it is limited to angry birds and others flash like games.
3. 3D Touch is totally useless without supports from third party apps developers. Some will say b-b-but maybe they have partnership with facebook and google.. well no, some videos clearly show it does not work with any third party apps and google are introducing their own force touch api in Android N which doesn't bode well for Meizu homemade api.

The unknown
1. Battery life is something that is still not quite clear.

2. We still have no idea of its price for the global market.

Reply Support (0) Report
You have to login before you can reply Login | Register

©2024 Meizu Telecom Equipment Co., Ltd. All rights reserved.